dell studio 15 (ndiswrapper & touchpad problems)

hi all,
i’ve installed the most recent opensuse 11, with all updates on a dell studio 15 laptop.

i’ve had to install the 32bit version as using ndiswrapper would crash the kernel when trying to connect to an ap. using the 32bit dvd, and hewlett packards’ sp39243.exe wifi drivers, it works fine. i’d like to get the 64bit install working however, as this machine has 4Gb of ram. anybody had any luck with the BCM4332 wifi card?

the other issue i’m seeing is with the synaptics touchpad, and sound.
my touchpad config is this:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Touchpad"
        Driver          "synaptics"
        Option  "Device"        "/dev/input/mice"
        Option  "Protocol"      "auto-dev"
        Option  "LeftEdge"      "1700"
        Option  "RightEdge"     "5300"
        Option  "TopEdge"       "1700"
        Option  "BottomEdge"    "4200"
        Option  "FingerLow"     "25"
        Option  "FingerHigh"    "30"
        Option  "MaxTapTime"    "180"
        Option  "MaxTapMove"    "220"
        Option  "VertScrollDelta" "100"
        Option  "MinSpeed"      "0.26"
        Option  "MaxSpeed"      "0.40"
        Option  "AccelFactor" "0.0040"
        Option  "SHMConfig"     "on"
        Option  "VertTwoFingerScroll"   "1"
        Option  "HorizTwoFingerScroll"  "1"
EndSection

as you can see, i’m trying to enable the TwoFinger scroll options, but even without those, i have no scrolling at all.
The x11-input synaptics driver is installed an i have ‘Load “synaptics”’ in the xorg.conf file, along with ‘InputDevice “Touchpad” “SendCoreEvents”’ - but still no scrolling.

Thanks for reading

Can you start a separate thread on your sound issue? … Myself or someone else will chime in to help.

for your wireless,you could use the b43 driver. A good explanation can be found at the start of the wireless section wrt b43.

Andy

How to make wifi card BCM4322 (BCM4311, BCM4312, BCM4321) work with Linux STA driver.
Works fine, tested on Eduroam network.