Thread: WiFI lost after update ASPIRE 5050 BIOS ver. 3315

aristondarmayuda NNTP User

Question WiFI lost after update ASPIRE 5050 BIOS ver. 3315

In order to make my openSuSE 11.0 sound work I update the BIOS into latest version (that 3315). After updating the BIOS my linux cannot start normally, I must add option acpi=off.

I also try to reinstall and fresh install the linux, same problem I must add acpi=off, if I not add this option, the setup stop at Updating Drivers (something like that).

Ok then, I add option acpi=off at boot option make me can go into my linux. But then two problem cames up:
    1st. My battery monitor is dead, plug or unplug keep the status charged.
    2ng. My WiFI is dead also. It discover any access points but cannot connect to the access point. I have type correct key. Other laptop can connect to that access point except my laptop.

I use ASPIRE 5050 series, with BIOS ver 3315, and Artheros WiFI.

Thanks for any reply before.

Default Re: WiFI lost after update ASPIRE 5050 BIOS ver. 3315

Quote Originally Posted by aristondarmayuda View Post
    In order to make my openSuSE 11.0 sound work I update the BIOS into latest version (that 3315). After updating the BIOS my linux cannot start normally, I must add option acpi=off.

I also try to reinstall and fresh install the linux, same problem I must add acpi=off, if I not add this option, the setup stop at Updating Drivers (something like that).

Ok then, I add option acpi=off at boot option make me can go into my linux. But then two problem cames up:
    1st. My battery monitor is dead, plug or unplug keep the status charged.
    2ng. My WiFI is dead also. It discover any access points but cannot connect to the access point. I have type correct key. Other laptop can connect to that access point except my laptop.

I use ASPIRE 5050 series, with BIOS ver 3315, and Artheros WiFI.

Thanks for any reply before.
    A couple of things:

Try some varying combinations of kernel parameters SDB:Kernel Parameters for ACPI/APIC - openSUSE. Each has a function that differs from the other.

Go back to the older BIOS.

Have a look at the DSDT (search the forum).

Is the radio turned on?
    Did you re-install the driver?
    Do you need firmware re-installed?
    Are you using the correct driver?

Look at the ACER forum for help.

Good luck.
    Desktop Asus X-99 Viper. uefi & secure Boot, Win10, Leap 15.1; Laptop: ASUS GL752VW Optimus, uefi+Secure Boot, Win10, Leap 15.1 & T-weed and IMac