Converting from outlook to Thunderbird with Open Suse 11.0

Hello I have problems with converting my mail and adresbook from outlook express to thunderbird. My Windows XP has crashed and now I have installed open Suse 11.0 on a new partition. I also installed Thunderbird but I now have problems in getting my mail and adressbook from outlook express into Thunderbird. Because I do not have a working outlook express currently. What could be the best way of getting these data into Thunderbird.

doesn’t thunderbird native tools -> import work?

Hello,

The import tool looks at running email programs but outlook is not available when I run Thunderbird under linux. Probably I need another way to import adress files and mailfiles into Thunderbird and not via the standard import way.

This would work if i would have added Thunderbird in a Windows environment

The import tool looks at running email programs but outlook is not available when I run Thunderbird under linux.

not correct :cool: if the mail client you are about to import is running or not is irrelative
perhaps you point to wrong location?

I read somewhere that the import uses routines from a DLL that is related to reading Outlook mail. So if the DLL is bad, no import can happen. Can you not reinstall OE on your Windows machine just for the purpose of being able to see your email again? I mean, I don’t see how else you can untrap the email unless there are some 3rd party Outlook format reading libraries.