Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Forcing verbose mode?

  1. #1

    Default Forcing verbose mode?

    I was wondering if there was a way to force verbose mode on starting up and shutting down. I looked through the YaST boot loader settings, but I couldn't find anything there... Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    ab@novell.com NNTP User

    Default Re: Forcing verbose mode?

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

    Anything in particular you are looking to see?

    Good luck.





    brigzzy wrote:
    | I was wondering if there was a way to force verbose mode on starting up
    | and shutting down. I looked through the YaST boot loader settings, but
    | I couldn't find anything there... Thanks in advance
    |
    |
    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)
    Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

    iD8DBQFIhqDj3s42bA80+9kRAh8PAJ9D2brILIHCIQ+LSIHvXpCen0KfdgCfdwyJ
    Sen0yhFQkNTW7fGVZjWJ3nU=
    =MV18
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

  3. #3

    Default Re: Forcing verbose mode?

    Well for booting you can edit the line:
    Code:
    splash=silent
    to
    Code:
    splash=verbose
    either by editing the section from yast or directly on /boot/grub/menu.lst

    Careful there not to break the boot loader!

    If you do not want this change permanent, you can add it as option when booting at the OS selection screen - just add in the down box splash=verbose

    Good luck.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Forcing verbose mode?

    Quote Originally Posted by ab@novell.com View Post
    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

    Anything in particular you are looking to see?

    Good luck.





    brigzzy wrote:
    | I was wondering if there was a way to force verbose mode on starting up
    | and shutting down. I looked through the YaST boot loader settings, but
    | I couldn't find anything there... Thanks in advance
    |
    |
    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)
    Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - Enigmail: A simple interface for OpenPGP email security

    iD8DBQFIhqDj3s42bA80+9kRAh8PAJ9D2brILIHCIQ+LSIHvXpCen0KfdgCfdwyJ
    Sen0yhFQkNTW7fGVZjWJ3nU=
    =MV18
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


    lol, no, nothing in particular. I just like being able to see what's happening, as it's happening.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Forcing verbose mode?

    Quote Originally Posted by ghostintheruins View Post
    Well for booting you can edit the line:
    Code:
    splash=silent
    to
    Code:
    splash=verbose
    either by editing the section from yast or directly on /boot/grub/menu.lst

    Careful there not to break the boot loader!

    If you do not want this change permanent, you can add it as option when booting at the OS selection screen - just add in the down box splash=verbose

    Good luck.


    That worked perfectly, thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •