Thread: no video with ATI drivers

Default no video with ATI drivers

i just installed ATI catalyst 8.7 drivers on my pc running opensuse 11.now when i try to play any videos in kaffeine or vlc,all i can see is a blank screen while the audio is running.i tried to change a few setting but nothing changed.
    what setting do i have to change??

Default Re: no video with ATI drivers

You will need to edit the xorg.conf file on your system

change or add this line and try it

Section "Extensions"
    Option "Composite" "false"
    EndSection

there are a few other setting you can try over in the Ati how to if it doesn't work as well.

BTw I also suggest having VLC as your default player as after you install the ati drivers kaffine and a few others seem to render very slow in full screen mode but worked fine with the default drivers, not sure why.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gsk_308 View Post
    i just installed ATI catalyst 8.7 drivers on my pc running opensuse 11.now when i try to play any videos in kaffeine or vlc,all i can see is a blank screen while the audio is running.i tried to change a few setting but nothing changed.
    what setting do i have to change??
    In addition to torphoto's suggestion, take a look at the output video mode in those applications, and try other settings rather than xv(xvideo)/auto. ie. try "x11" or "xshm".

zibelt NNTP User

Smile Re: no video with ATI drivers

VLC-preferences-advanced options- video-filters-clone-video output modules-x11-save

double-clicking the left mouse button when play movie, right button-subtitles track-select

Thanks! I was having same problems. Setting composite to "false" in xorg.conf also got Google Earth working for me. Great!