Thread: Printer Problem

Default Printer Problem

I have a Brother HL-2140 Laser Printer (USB). It works fine in openSUSE 10.3 using the HL-2040 PPD driver. As far as I can tell it is setup identically in both 11.0 and 10.3. If I try to print, nothing happens, although the spool is cleared. Any suggestions?

Any idea how I can delete everything, Printer and USB connections and start all over again with a printer install? I can delete the printer, no problem. But when I do it still leaves a non-configured printer there on the USB connection, which won't delete and won't configure. I don't know if that is normal or not. So that is why I'd like to delete that USB connection and start over from scratch.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Printer Problem

There are two drivers for the 2040 on the Brother site the lpr and the cups wrapper -- did you use both of them?
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1 &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore

Sorry. I forgot to mention I was using the cups wrapper driver in both 10.3 & 11.0. I did accidentally install both in 11.0 but subsequently reformatted/reinstalled the 11.0 install. And then only installed the cups wrapper driver.

I figured out the USB connection disappears when you boot without the printer being turned on. So I was able to start over from scratch. But still the same problem persists.

Blog Entries

My printer is a 2040 so maybe it's not relevant. But I have to install both rpms to get it to work, lpr first, wrapper second.
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1 &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore