Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eric terminates when started

x-mannix NNTP User

Default Eric terminates when started

Hi there !
    on open suse 10.3 and open suse 11.0 the python ide eric terminates when started. The operating system and the whole software was installed from DVD and the pc does not have internet connection.
    Is a internet connection obligate for running eric ???
    kindly stephan

Default Re: Eric terminates when started

I doubt you need an internet connection to run eric. I have to admin though, that the QT4 version of eric did not appear very stable, last time I've tried.

If you are looking for a python IDE under linux you could consider using PyDev, which is an ecplise plugin.

I would recommend the following:
    EasyEclipse | Distributions | EasyEclipse for Python

Cheers

I like to use Komodo Edit...it's very nice and simple! Although, Eric has some good features, its interface is very messy for me...

ActiveState - Free the dragon! - Dynamic Tools for Dynamic Languages

I am trying to get Eric4 working under 11.1 and KDE 4.2.2. Just installed with Yast -> SW Management, and the following is installed:
    Python 2.6 (default)
    PyQt 4.4.4
    QScintilla 2.2
    Eric 4.3.4

Eric is installed under KDE Start/Development and start ok. But I don't know what to do in Preference?

The Help don't show anything and when I try following the tutorial - LogParser from the Eric-webside, I had to stop after creating the project, because I can't create a Qt-form in the form-tab of the ProjectViewer.

I can't adjust the border of the left side of the edit-window. I presume the project viewer is located left of the edit-window.

So how do I get Helpviewer configured?
    And what are the most important Preferences to be set?

Jan

Not sure if I have Qt4 installed?

rpm -qa |grep qt4
    libqt4-sql-sqlite-4.4.3-4.8.2
    libqt4-sql-4.4.3-4.8.2
    libqt4-qt3support-4.4.3-4.8.2
    libqt4-x11-4.4.3-4.8.2
    libqt4-4.4.3-4.8.2
    libpoppler-qt4-3-0.10.1-1.4
    python-qt4-4.4.4-2.1
    libqt4-sql-mysql-4.4.3-11.8.1

Eric4 needs Qt4 installed before installing any of the other packages
    Jan

Might want to include a bit more detail like you're following Eric4 tutorial - Chapter 2 I get to right click the forms tab.

I then get an error

I'm really not sure what your problem is I have no problem adjusting the projectviewer window, but I'm also not sure of the why? Forms is the second tab button in.

As for preferences (Shrug) I guess you'll come across them, for example in trying the helpviewer it seems the defaults don't quite add up and there is an extra folder to add in the url. For example for python you need the additional folder, python-docs-html iirc

When you encounter the next problem(As pic) type designer at the cli it will tell you what you need to install.
    Man first, have a try at Info, have a look at Wiki, if all that fails Scroogle!!!!!
    If I've helped click on the Rep button I don't know what it does but it sounds cool.

This is Eric4 just after started:

[IMG]/home/jhj/Documents/snapshot1.png[/IMG]

Jan

Not sure I can post a snapshot this way! How do you post a picture in a reply of this thread?

You need to link to an external host iirc its only screenshots that allow pics. i.e I hosted it on imageshack, then used the image button. But I'm guessing it is just showing the preference dialog, I only saw it once.
    Man first, have a try at Info, have a look at Wiki, if all that fails Scroogle!!!!!
    If I've helped click on the Rep button I don't know what it does but it sounds cool.

Okay - I tried Imageshack.dk and hope you can see this picture:

I have created a new project and OpenRecentProjects, but the editing frame/window is not white and ready for typing. And I can't move the left border of the edit-window to get a bigger ProjectManager window.

When you told me, that second tab was the Formtab, I could click it, but nothing happens so fare.

Jan

Dont think the picture showed up!

Here is the url:
    Imageshack.dk

Jan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast