Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Labtec Webcam 1200 Driver ?

  1. #1

    Default Labtec Webcam 1200 Driver ?

    Hi,

    Please help me to configure my Labtec Webcam 1200 to work under openSUSE 11.0

    Code:
    # lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 093a:2464 Pixart Imaging, Inc.
    thanks,

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Phuket, Thailand
    Posts
    27,108
    Blog Entries
    40

    Default Re: Labtec Webcam 1200 Driver ?

    Quote Originally Posted by abduh View Post
    Please help me to configure my Labtec Webcam 1200 to work under openSUSE 11.0
    Code:
    # lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 093a:2464 Pixart Imaging, Inc.
    Its quite likely you will not get this webcam working with any Linux version, and if you do, it won't be easy. The openSUSE webcam guidance page is here:
    HCL/Web Cameras - openSUSE

    and a quick look indicates your web cam is not on ANY of the web cam lists.

    I then put 093a:2464 in google and came up with this hit:
    GSPCA V4L2 - Webcams
    which has your webcam listed as:
    Code:
    Subdriver	Id	Name	Sensor	Status 
    pac207	093a:2464	PAC207	?? 	OK
    The reference to a gspca v4l driver appears to me to be different from the gspca driver per the HCL/Web Cameras - openSUSE page. Still, I may be wrong, and I suppose you could try that gspca driver (noted in the openSUSE page), and install it, and also install v4l-conf and v4l-tools. You can find those packaged for rpms and listed on webpin:
    Webpin

    But in the end, I think you may need to remove the rpm packaged gspca driver, and then follow the guidance here: Jef Moine (which IMHO is far from clear). You could start by reading the readme.txt here: http://moinejf.free.fr/gspca_README.txt

    But I'm not very optimistic about your succeeding but maybe you will get lucky and the gspca rpm will work. ....

    Good luck!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bochum, Germany
    Posts
    3,587

    Default Re: Labtec Webcam 1200 Driver ?

    * oldcpu,

    there are gspcav modules available through the "webcam" community repo, worth a try IMHO.

    Uwe

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Phuket, Thailand
    Posts
    27,108
    Blog Entries
    40

    Default Re: Labtec Webcam 1200 Driver ?

    Quote Originally Posted by buckesfeld View Post
    there are gspcav modules available through the "webcam" community repo, worth a try IMHO.
    Agree, ... I think I stated that, although maybe my skeptism came through a bit strong?

    From what I can see, that webcam is not listed in the gspcav support page for web cams, but it is listed in a gspca v4l support page (on the same site), making me think those drivers are different. ... Perhaps I am incorrect here?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bochum, Germany
    Posts
    3,587

    Default Re: Labtec Webcam 1200 Driver ?

    On 07/21/2008 oldcpu wrote:
    > Agree, ... I think I stated that, although maybe my skeptism came
    > through a bit strong?


    Yep :-)

    Uwe

  6. #6

    Default Re: Labtec Webcam 1200 Driver ?

    Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    Its quite likely you will not get this webcam working with any Linux version, and if you do, it won't be easy. The openSUSE webcam guidance page is here:
    HCL/Web Cameras - openSUSE

    and a quick look indicates your web cam is not on ANY of the web cam lists.

    I then put 093a:2464 in google and came up with this hit:
    GSPCA V4L2 - Webcams
    which has your webcam listed as:
    Code:
    Subdriver	Id	Name	Sensor	Status 
    pac207	093a:2464	PAC207	?? 	OK
    The reference to a gspca v4l driver appears to me to be different from the gspca driver per the HCL/Web Cameras - openSUSE page. Still, I may be wrong, and I suppose you could try that gspca driver (noted in the openSUSE page), and install it, and also install v4l-conf and v4l-tools. You can find those packaged for rpms and listed on webpin:
    Webpin

    But in the end, I think you may need to remove the rpm packaged gspca driver, and then follow the guidance here: Jef Moine (which IMHO is far from clear). You could start by reading the readme.txt here: http://moinejf.free.fr/gspca_README.txt

    But I'm not very optimistic about your succeeding but maybe you will get lucky and the gspca rpm will work. ....

    Good luck!
    Ok ... thank you for your help!

    I have removed the rpm packaged gspca driver and installed gspca v4l driver with v4l-tools and v4l-conf. Now, I can see "/dev/video0" when I plug the webcam, but I only see a bid image moving. Then, I installed the V4L library, the webcam works fine with Cheese and VLC by using the following:
    Code:
    export LD_LIBRARY=/usr/local/lib/
    LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so <application>
    I tried to do the same thing with Skype, but it gives me the same bad image.
    I installed luvcview but it doesn't work:
    Code:
    # luvcview 
    luvcview 0.2.4
    
    SDL information:
      Video driver: x11
      A window manager is available
    Device information:
      Device path:  /dev/video0
    Stream settings:
    ERROR: Requested frame format MJPG is not available and no fallback format was found.
     Init v4L2 failed !! exit fatal
    any help ??!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •