Labtec Webcam 1200 Driver ?

Hi,

Please help me to configure my Labtec Webcam 1200 to work under openSUSE 11.0

# lsusb
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 093a:2464 Pixart Imaging, Inc.

thanks,

Its quite likely you will not get this webcam working with any Linux version, and if you do, it won’t be easy. The openSUSE webcam guidance page is here:
HCL/Web Cameras - openSUSE

and a quick look indicates your web cam is not on ANY of the web cam lists.

I then put 093a:2464 in google and came up with this hit:
GSPCA V4L2 - Webcams
which has your webcam listed as:

Subdriver	Id	Name	Sensor	Status 
pac207	093a:2464	PAC207	?? 	OK 

The reference to a gspca v4l driver appears to me to be different from the gspca driver per the HCL/Web Cameras - openSUSE page. Still, I may be wrong, and I suppose you could try that gspca driver (noted in the openSUSE page), and install it, and also install v4l-conf and v4l-tools. You can find those packaged for rpms and listed on webpin:
Webpin

But in the end, I think you may need to remove the rpm packaged gspca driver, and then follow the guidance here: Jef Moine (which IMHO is far from clear). You could start by reading the readme.txt here: http://moinejf.free.fr/gspca_README.txt

But I’m not very optimistic about your succeeding but maybe you will get lucky and the gspca rpm will work. …

Good luck!

• oldcpu,

there are gspcav modules available through the “webcam” community repo, worth a try IMHO.

Uwe

Agree, … I think I stated that, although maybe my skeptism came through a bit strong?

From what I can see, that webcam is not listed in the gspcav support page for web cams, but it is listed in a gspca v4l support page (on the same site), making me think those drivers are different. … Perhaps I am incorrect here?

On 07/21/2008 oldcpu wrote:
> Agree, … I think I stated that, although maybe my skeptism came
> through a bit strong?

Yep :slight_smile:

Uwe

Ok … thank you for your help!

I have removed the rpm packaged gspca driver and installed gspca v4l driver with v4l-tools and v4l-conf. Now, I can see “/dev/video0” when I plug the webcam, but I only see a bid image moving. Then, I installed the V4L library, the webcam works fine with Cheese and VLC by using the following:

export LD_LIBRARY=/usr/local/lib/
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so <application>

I tried to do the same thing with Skype, but it gives me the same bad image.
I installed luvcview but it doesn’t work:

# luvcview 
luvcview 0.2.4

SDL information:
  Video driver: x11
  A window manager is available
Device information:
  Device path:  /dev/video0
Stream settings:
ERROR: Requested frame format MJPG is not available and no fallback format was found.
 Init v4L2 failed !! exit fatal

any help ??!!