Compiz settings?

Hello, I have a question about Compiz at the moment.

I’ve downloaded the extra plugins pack, and I want to enable a few things. However, when I go to enable these new things (an example would be the reflections plugin), I check the box, but a few seconds later, it unchecks itself. What is up with that?

Anyway, after looking around the forums for a possible answer, I’m still stumped. My ccsm backend is set to flat file, I don’t have the other backends installed, I am just totally stumped at the moment.

Anyway, if anyone could help me here, that’d be sweet.

Thanks!
-Ed

P.S. My compiz version is compiz 0.7.4, in case anyone was wondering.

That happens to me, too. It’s because the version of Desktop Effects that you have doesn’t recognize your video card as being a compatible one (I have the latest version, and it still doesn’t), and it could very well be incompatible, too. I haven’t found a way around it, even though I’m running a pretty nice computer.

Odd indeed… I’m running an ATI Mobility Radeon 34000 with 256 MB of VRAM, if it can handle HL2 at full settings, I’m pretty sure it could handle a desktop on a cube. Hmm. Is there any file anywhere that I could edit in my Compiz install to fool it into thinking I have a “more compatible” video card?

After looking around some other places, I’ve found that Compiz “blacklists” a range of video cards. I’ve seen fixes for other distros, but have not been able to find one that solves this problem for OpenSUSE. I’m guessing that this blacklist might be restricting startup, not the entire program, so I may be barking up the wrong tree. I will post the fix if I find one, if anyone else finds one, I would love to know.

Thanks!
-Ed