Thread: Tor + FoxyProxy

Default Tor + FoxyProxy

I installed tor, but when I tried to run it:
    /etc/rc.d/tor start
    it complained that there was no /etc/tor/torrc
    I made this file, (copied from torrc.sample) and now it runs but FoxyProxy still refuses to work. It says that servers are taking too long to respond. I don't want to use privoxy, how can I get just tor working with FoxyProxy???

Thanks!

Default Re: Tor + FoxyProxy

Alright, got tor working (with no changes actually, it just decided to work this time). How can I add the tor daemon into the system startup? I searched for /etc/rc.local (what I'm used to) but that's non-existant in openSUSE. Any ideas?

Shameless bump.

Thread moved to Network/Internet
    opensuse.org.help.network-internet
    Last edited by kastorff; 23-Jul-2008 at 05:46.
    Keith Kastorff

I've been faked out sooo many times thinking I have a response to my thread when really I've just been told that the thread has been moved.

Quote Originally Posted by cisforcojo View Post
    Alright, got tor working (with no changes actually, it just decided to work this time). How can I add the tor daemon into the system startup? I searched for /etc/rc.local (what I'm used to) but that's non-existant in openSUSE. Any ideas?
    Is this what you are looking for?

"Control Center" -> "System" -> "Session Preferences" -> "Add"

Huh. Could be, I don't have that though, I've got System Services (Runlevel). That's the closest wording I have to 'Session Preferences'
    I have tor listed in the runlevel preferences but when I click 'Enable' it says that tor isn't running. I got it to work once like this but the Control Center crashed. Perhaps I just need to reboot but I just did an update and ~5 KDE packages couldn't be located so I'm scared to reboot/logout until I get em for fear that I have a broken system! One step at a time, one step at a time hehe

Apologies, I should have checked whether you were using Gnome, which I am. I do not know where to look in KDE, but you should have something akin to "Session" somewhere?

No worries! I know how to do it in GNOME as well, it's fairly easy! hehe KDE, not so sure.

Thanks for your help!