Thread: Problem on "Software management" KDE

Default Problem on "Software management" KDE

I installed SUSE 11.0 Live CD medium. Everything goes well. I could not find gcc (after command $which gcc). Therefore i managed to check the software package on the machine via "Software management". In the mean time to start "Software management", i got error message
    "cannot access installation media (Medium 1) Check whether the server is accessible".
    My machine is offline, i do not know which server it mentions to.
    Then i skip the error, but i still cannot add or remove any software package.

Could anyone please help me?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Problem on "Software management" KDE

Get it to say that again and click details and tell us which server is offline
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1 &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore

To swerdna
    I am sorry to make something unclear. I just mean my machine has no internet access.
    The error message i got is
    "cannot access installation media (Medium 1) Check whether the server is accessible".

I do not know what is the server it mentioned to. Then i tried to access the internet via lan in my university. When I tried to edit the internet option, I also get the similar error message
    "cannot access installation media (Medium 1)"
    and finally cannot get my machine to internet.

But the internet access is not my aim, i just want to be able to add some softwares i need to my SUSE machine.

Any suggestion? Thank you in advance.
    amm41

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by amm41 View Post
    To swerdna
    I am sorry to make something unclear. I just mean my machine has no internet access.
    The error message i got is

I do not know what is the server it mentioned to. Then i tried to access the internet via lan in my university. When I tried to edit the internet option, I also get the similar error message
    "cannot access installation media (Medium 1)"
    and finally cannot get my machine to internet.

But the internet access is not my aim, i just want to be able to add some softwares i need to my SUSE machine.

Any suggestion? Thank you in advance.
    amm41
    OK, have a look in Yast --> Software --> Software repositories. Uncheck (the x) for any in the list that need the internet. that will leave you only with your installation CD/DVD. Make sure that one is active (does have an x). Then try the software you wnt to install via Yast --> Software --> software management.
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1 &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore

And put your installation CD into the drive

Thank you very much for your helps. I will try, everythings should be OK now.