Thread: install gnu data language

davidcollins001 NNTP User

Default install gnu data language

Hi,

I have just installed a clean version of opensuse 11 for work. I am trying to install gdl, but I am having problems. firstly the configure script is unable to find imagemagick, which was installed from the yast2 gui giving:

Code:
    checking for GetMagickVersion in -lMagick... no

Error! ImageMagick version 5.5.7 or later is required but was not found
           Use --with-Magick=DIR to specify the ImageMagick directory tree
           Use --with-Magick=no  to not use it
           Check the README or use configure --help for other libraries needed
           (--with-xxxdir = obligatory, --with-xxx = optional (--with-xxx=no to disable))
    If I try with it switched off as suggested I am able to get through the configure script. However, make fails with the following:

Code:
    g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../src     -g -O2 -MT libantlr_a-BitSet.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/libantlr_a-BitSet.Tpo -c -o libantlr_a-BitSet.o `test -f 'BitSet.cpp' || echo './'`BitSet.cpp
    mv -f .deps/libantlr_a-BitSet.Tpo .deps/libantlr_a-BitSet.Po
    g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../src     -g -O2 -MT libantlr_a-CharBuffer.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/libantlr_a-CharBuffer.Tpo -c -o libantlr_a-CharBuffer.o `test -f 'CharBuffer.cpp' || echo './'`CharBuffer.cpp
    mv -f .deps/libantlr_a-CharBuffer.Tpo .deps/libantlr_a-CharBuffer.Po
    g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../src     -g -O2 -MT libantlr_a-CharScanner.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/libantlr_a-CharScanner.Tpo -c -o libantlr_a-CharScanner.o `test -f 'CharScanner.cpp' || echo './'`CharScanner.cpp
    In file included from CharScanner.cpp:10:
    ../../src/antlr/CharScanner.hpp: In member function bool antlr::CharScannerLiteralsLess::operator()(const std::string&, const std::string&) const:
    ../../src/antlr/CharScanner.hpp:539: error: strcasecmp was not declared in this scope
    CharScanner.cpp: In member function virtual void antlr::CharScanner::panic():
    CharScanner.cpp:85: error: exit was not declared in this scope
    CharScanner.cpp: In member function virtual void antlr::CharScanner::panic(const std::string&):
    CharScanner.cpp:91: error: exit was not declared in this scope
    make[3]: *** [libantlr_a-CharScanner.o] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/susana/gdl-0.9rc1/src/antlr'
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/susana/gdl-0.9rc1/src'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/susana/gdl-0.9rc1'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

I have followed the dependancies in the readme file and either installed from yast or from source if it cannot be found in yast. Does anyone have any ideas why this isn't working?

Thanks
    David Collins

mschellens NNTP User

Default Re: install gnu data language

Please check out the latest CVS version.
    GDL should now compile (at least without ImageMagick)
    Regards,
    Marc

Default Re: install gnu data language

Alternatively check the directory; it's /usr/lib and version 6.3.5 on 10.3. So you should be able to install it with ImageMagick.

myv NNTP User

Unhappy install gnu data language too

Hi all:

I have exactly the two same probles installing GDL:

Error! ImageMagick version 5.5.7 or later is required but was not found
    Use --with-Magick=DIR to specify the ImageMagick directory tree
    Use --with-Magick=no to not use it
    Check the README or use configure --help for other libraries needed
    (--with-xxxdir = obligatory, --with-xxx = optional (--with-xxx=no to disable))

And on the other hand:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../src -g -O2 -MT libantlr_a-BitSet.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/libantlr_a-BitSet.Tpo -c -o libantlr_a-BitSet.o `test -f 'BitSet.cpp' || echo './'`BitSet.cpp
    mv -f .deps/libantlr_a-BitSet.Tpo .deps/libantlr_a-BitSet.Po
    g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../src -g -O2 -MT libantlr_a-CharBuffer.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/libantlr_a-CharBuffer.Tpo -c -o libantlr_a-CharBuffer.o `test -f 'CharBuffer.cpp' || echo './'`CharBuffer.cpp
    mv -f .deps/libantlr_a-CharBuffer.Tpo .deps/libantlr_a-CharBuffer.Po
    g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../src -g -O2 -MT libantlr_a-CharScanner.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/libantlr_a-CharScanner.Tpo -c -o libantlr_a-CharScanner.o `test -f 'CharScanner.cpp' || echo './'`CharScanner.cpp
    In file included from CharScanner.cpp:10:
    ../../src/antlr/CharScanner.hpp: In member function bool antlr::CharScannerLiteralsLess:perator()(const std::string&, const std::string&) const:
    ../../src/antlr/CharScanner.hpp:539: error: strcasecmp was not declared in this scope
    CharScanner.cpp: In member function virtual void antlr::CharScanner:anic():
    CharScanner.cpp:85: error: exit was not declared in this scope
    CharScanner.cpp: In member function virtual void antlr::CharScanner:anic(const std::string&):
    CharScanner.cpp:91: error: exit was not declared in this scope
    make[3]: *** [libantlr_a-CharScanner.o] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/susana/gdl-0.9rc1/src/antlr'
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/susana/gdl-0.9rc1/src'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/susana/gdl-0.9rc1'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

I tried with checking the lastest CVS version, but that unfortunately it doesn't work.

I don't know what I should do. Could somebody help me? I am relatively new in Linux.

Many thanks in advance for your time.

Kind regards