install gnu data language

Hi,

I have just installed a clean version of opensuse 11 for work. I am trying to install gdl, but I am having problems. firstly the configure script is unable to find imagemagick, which was installed from the yast2 gui giving:

checking for GetMagickVersion in -lMagick... no

Error! ImageMagick version 5.5.7 or later is required but was not found
       Use --with-Magick=DIR to specify the ImageMagick directory tree
       Use --with-Magick=no  to not use it
       Check the README or use configure --help for other libraries needed
       (--with-xxxdir = obligatory, --with-xxx = optional (--with-xxx=no to disable))

If I try with it switched off as suggested I am able to get through the configure script. However, make fails with the following:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../src     -g -O2 -MT libantlr_a-BitSet.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/libantlr_a-BitSet.Tpo -c -o libantlr_a-BitSet.o `test -f 'BitSet.cpp' || echo './'`BitSet.cpp
mv -f .deps/libantlr_a-BitSet.Tpo .deps/libantlr_a-BitSet.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../src     -g -O2 -MT libantlr_a-CharBuffer.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/libantlr_a-CharBuffer.Tpo -c -o libantlr_a-CharBuffer.o `test -f 'CharBuffer.cpp' || echo './'`CharBuffer.cpp
mv -f .deps/libantlr_a-CharBuffer.Tpo .deps/libantlr_a-CharBuffer.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../src     -g -O2 -MT libantlr_a-CharScanner.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/libantlr_a-CharScanner.Tpo -c -o libantlr_a-CharScanner.o `test -f 'CharScanner.cpp' || echo './'`CharScanner.cpp
In file included from CharScanner.cpp:10:
../../src/antlr/CharScanner.hpp: In member function ‘bool antlr::CharScannerLiteralsLess::operator()(const std::string&, const std::string&) const’:
../../src/antlr/CharScanner.hpp:539: error: ‘strcasecmp’ was not declared in this scope
CharScanner.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void antlr::CharScanner::panic()’:
CharScanner.cpp:85: error: ‘exit’ was not declared in this scope
CharScanner.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void antlr::CharScanner::panic(const std::string&)’:
CharScanner.cpp:91: error: ‘exit’ was not declared in this scope
make[3]: *** [libantlr_a-CharScanner.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/susana/gdl-0.9rc1/src/antlr'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/susana/gdl-0.9rc1/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/susana/gdl-0.9rc1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have followed the dependancies in the readme file and either installed from yast or from source if it cannot be found in yast. Does anyone have any ideas why this isn’t working?

Thanks
David Collins

Please check out the latest CVS version.
GDL should now compile (at least without ImageMagick)
Regards,
Marc

Alternatively check the directory; it’s /usr/lib and version 6.3.5 on 10.3. So you should be able to install it with ImageMagick.

Hi all:

I have exactly the two same probles installing GDL:

Error! ImageMagick version 5.5.7 or later is required but was not found
Use --with-Magick=DIR to specify the ImageMagick directory tree
Use --with-Magick=no to not use it
Check the README or use configure --help for other libraries needed
(–with-xxxdir = obligatory, --with-xxx = optional (–with-xxx=no to disable))

And on the other hand:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I…/… -I…/…/src -g -O2 -MT libantlr_a-BitSet.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/libantlr_a-BitSet.Tpo -c -o libantlr_a-BitSet.o test -f 'BitSet.cpp' || echo './'BitSet.cpp
mv -f .deps/libantlr_a-BitSet.Tpo .deps/libantlr_a-BitSet.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I…/… -I…/…/src -g -O2 -MT libantlr_a-CharBuffer.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/libantlr_a-CharBuffer.Tpo -c -o libantlr_a-CharBuffer.o test -f 'CharBuffer.cpp' || echo './'CharBuffer.cpp
mv -f .deps/libantlr_a-CharBuffer.Tpo .deps/libantlr_a-CharBuffer.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I…/… -I…/…/src -g -O2 -MT libantlr_a-CharScanner.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/libantlr_a-CharScanner.Tpo -c -o libantlr_a-CharScanner.o test -f 'CharScanner.cpp' || echo './'CharScanner.cpp
In file included from CharScanner.cpp:10:
…/…/src/antlr/CharScanner.hpp: In member function ‘bool antlr::CharScannerLiteralsLess::operator()(const std::string&, const std::string&) const’:
…/…/src/antlr/CharScanner.hpp:539: error: ‘strcasecmp’ was not declared in this scope
CharScanner.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void antlr::CharScanner::panic()’:
CharScanner.cpp:85: error: ‘exit’ was not declared in this scope
CharScanner.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void antlr::CharScanner::panic(const std::string&)’:
CharScanner.cpp:91: error: ‘exit’ was not declared in this scope
make[3]: *** [libantlr_a-CharScanner.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory /home/susana/gdl-0.9rc1/src/antlr' make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory /home/susana/gdl-0.9rc1/src’
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/susana/gdl-0.9rc1’
make: *** [all] Error 2

I tried with checking the lastest CVS version, but that unfortunately it doesn’t work.

I don’t know what I should do. Could somebody help me? I am relatively new in Linux.

Many thanks in advance for your time.

Kind regards