Configure fonts for KDE4 Applications running under KDE3

Hi,

I’ve recently installed opensuse 11/kde 3.5.9 on my laptop.

Anyway, I have changed my fonts preferences from the default settings (using kcmshell fonts). The thing is, one of the applications I’m using, ktorrent, runs using the kde4 engine, therefore isn’t using the fonts settings I have specified.

I tried the obvious “kcmshell4 fonts”

However, I get:
findServiceByDesktopPath: fonts.desktop not found
kcmshell(21160)/kcmshell (kdelibs) locateModule: Could not find module ’ “fonts” '.

I guess I need to somehow install the fonts module, but I can’t figure out what package exactly that I need to install. Searched for “fonts” and “kdelibs” in yast, but all the obvious (to me at least) packages are already installed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
/Fuad

Have you installed kdebase4-workspace?

That’s what I was looking for. Problem solved, thanks! :slight_smile:

/Fuad

If you go to the QT4 settings (somewhere in the kmenu) I think there is an option to change fonts to some extent in there. Don’t know if it is what you are after.

qt4 settings aren’t really what I was looking for, it offers only one general font setting. Installing kdebase4-workspace however worked, since it included the fonts module, and I was able to run: kcmshell4 fonts

Thanks

Good show…thanks for the feedback.

Another alternative that I just realized is possible would be to edit the configuration file directly. It’s at:

~/.kde4/share/config/kdeglobals

But installing kdebase4-workspace gives you a gui to fiddle with the settings…

revisiting this old thread.
I have recently been playing with Opensuse 11 KDE 3.xx and installed 4.1.xx alongside. Didn’t really think it was up to scratch yet so removed it again - attempting to return my system to the state before the 4.1.xx install.

However, some my QT4 apps have reverted to an Oxygen themed look. I can’t seem to load the modules to fix this up.
Previously I could load
kcmshell4 fonts etc but I don’t seem to be able to do this any longer.

If I invoke
kcmshell4 --list I get this back
The following modules are available:
icons - Customize KDE Icons
componentchooser - Choose the default components for various services
libkcddb - Configure the CDDB Retrieval
kcmkded - KDE Services Configuration
kcm_phonon - Sound System Configuration
ioslaveinfo - Information about the available protocols
smbstatus - Samba status monitor
crypto - Configure SSL, manage certificates, and other cryptography settings
kcmnotify - System Notification Configuration
language - Language, numeric, and time settings for your particular region
kcm_kdnssd - Configure service discovery
kcm_nepomuk - Nepomuk/Strigi Server Configuration

How do I get back the modules to adjust the things like fonts and look and feel etc?