Publisinhg PHP web site

Hi.

I have installed SuSE 10.3. Aditionally I have installed MySQL 5.0, Apache2, PHP5 and PHPMyAdmin. Everytinhg is working fine, but I don’t know how to publish PHP based web site.

I have created simple phpinfo.php page and I can open it without problems.

When I copy php web site to /srv/www/htdocs/%website%, it won’t work. ERROR HTTP 500 apperas.

Do I need to connect it somehow with MySQL database?

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Any details on that error? Look in /var/log/apache2/error_log for more
info.

Good luck.

kojo1984 wrote:
| Hi.
|
| I have installed SuSE 10.3. Aditionally I have installed MySQL 5.0,
| Apache2, PHP5 and PHPMyAdmin. Everytinhg is working fine, but I don’t
| know how to publish PHP based web site.
|
| I have created simple phpinfo.php page and I can open it without
| problems.
|
| When I copy php web site to /srv/www/htdocs/%website%, it won’t work.
| ERROR HTTP 500 apperas.
|
| Do I need to connect it somehow with MySQL database?
|
|
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFIfIhC3s42bA80+9kRAnTQAJ9HSFiinqHzG+lS24wW/D+BYg+ILwCbBuFt
1OGZrv/u1JGW6iPNcOPE8VY=
=6IXt
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Believe HTTP 500 doesn’t usually refer to a database connection problem unless you’re dynamically creating a page and that would be very unlikely for a default page.

Did you really copy your website into /htdocs/%website% or did you copy it into the htdocs folder without a subdirectory (required).

Also, you need to configure your virtual website to support the PHP home page you’re using.

Recommend you find yourself an Apache Administrator’s tutorial.

I have found a problem and solved it partially…

Site, that I am trying to publish is not made by me(and this is a first time that I’m dealing with Linux, Apache, MySQL).

Problem was in “configure.php” file. Wrong pointers to root of server, etc…

When I changed values in “configure.php” and tried to open web site, it showed me an error stating “NO DATABASE…”.

When I have created a database in MySQL,another error appeared :

"1146 - Table ‘sud.languages’ doesn’t exist

SELECT * FROM languages ORDER BY name"…

And this is the end of my knowledge. What to do to resolve this?

The error message is telling you that the database and table used in your select query do not exist.
This probably means you haven’t named them exactly as used in your query.
In other words, while you may have a table called languages, does it exist in the database named sud?

hi, can you tell how you have install MySQL 5.0, Apache2, PHP5 and PHPMyAdmin. , (I could not able to install oracle 10g in opensuse 11.)

suresh

I wonder if it’s just an issue with explicitly stating the schema.tablename on your query… I’ve seen this before in PostgreSQL. My suggestion would be to make a simple query page and locate it on the public_html folder on your home page. That way you can edit and call it again w/o having to mess with the main WWW folder. The way to access files on your local public_html folder is “http://localhost/~username/file.php

If you can get a simple query working this way, then most likely your issue is with the way the PHP site is written…

Hope this helps

P.

If you are using the MYsqlconnect () function it does not come pre-configured with PHP 5 just Google that and you should be able to find your solution

Here is a great guide

How to install MySQL on SuSE Linux :: laffers.net