Thread: I can't perform a kernel update because of dependencies

Default I can't perform a kernel update because of dependencies

I currently have the 2.6.22.17-0.1-default #1 SMP x86_64 kernel. I want to update my kernel to stay current. However, when the automatic updater shows me the little red triangle with the exclamation mark in it, and I click on it to upgrade to the new kernel, I get this error message:

20 Problems: Problem: No valid solution found with just resolvables of best architecture. Problem: libFLAC8-32bit cannot be installed due to missing dependencies Problem: yast2-gtk cannot be installed due to missing dependencies Problem: xine-lib cannot be installed due to missing dependencies Problem: opera cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    With this run only resolvables with the best architecture have been regarded. Regarding all possible resolvables takes time, but can come to a valid result. Solution 1: Make a solver run with ALL possibilities. Regarding all resolvables with a compatible architecture.
    I searched in Yast, but I cannot figure out how to make the solver run with all possibilities. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Blog Entries

Default Re: I can't perform a kernel update because of dependencies

Guessing a bit,
    But if you run YAST and with the "autocheck" checkbox enabled, a window will pop up describing your dependency problems (I guess that might be the Resolver).

Generally you'll have 3-5 options, believe your error is saying select the radio button for the option that seems most accomodating.

with any luck the dependencies will work themselves out.