Thread: Intallation CDs for 11.0

Default Intallation CDs for 11.0

Hi,

I have an old box with NO DVD PLAYER, and only DVDs seem to be available on the download site: Software.openSUSE.org

And, unfortunately, installing 11.0 via the Internet Installation method is turning out to be a real pain in the a$$, so I've aborted all attempts.

Is there any way to get CDs for 11.0?

Thanks.

Default Re: Intallation CDs for 11.0

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 23:56 +0000, Slipstream00 wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an old box with NO DVD PLAYER, and only DVDs seem to be
    > available on the download site: 'Software.openSUSE.org'
    > (http://software.opensuse.org/)
    >
    > And, unfortunately, installing 11.0 via the Internet Installation
    > method is turning out to be a real pain in the a$$, so I've aborted all
    > attempts.
    >
    > Is there any way to get CDs for 11.0?

It would probably cost the same as upgrading to a DVD device (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Slipstream00 View Post
    Hi,

I have an old box with NO DVD PLAYER, and only DVDs seem to be available on the download site: Software.openSUSE.org

And, unfortunately, installing 11.0 via the Internet Installation method is turning out to be a real pain in the a$$, so I've aborted all attempts.

Is there any way to get CDs for 11.0?

Thanks.
    I haven't seen any.

The Internet Installation shouldn't be a problem if you get onto a good mirror (like one with speed)

(Me, if it's the least bit slow in resolving the initial connection, I go on to another mirror) Mirrors Released Version - openSUSE
    Desktop Asus X-99 Viper. uefi & secure Boot, Win10, Leap 15.1; Laptop: ASUS GL752VW Optimus, uefi+Secure Boot, Win10, Leap 15.1 & T-weed and IMac

Yeah, getting a DVD player might be the only solution.

The Internet Installation method would work fine with a better designed download procedure, since the current version stalls each time when downloading the applet without providing any option for user input.

Instead, no matter which repo I try, the procedure abruptly ends with a big red dialog indicating that the repo couldn't be found. At that point, though, it's already downloaded 3/4 of the applet. It would probably just need a refresh function of some sort to reinitialize the connection. But no such option is given.

Or maybe the crash is due to only having 128MB of RAM?