Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: openSUSE Suggestions

Default openSUSE Suggestions

Default Re: openSUSE Suggestions

Thanks for link...

That's a fantastic site and has a lot of good ideas but I feel that Ubuntu has a clear advantage here with Ubuntu brainstorm. It lets the devs not only have suggestions for development but also know how important certain ideas are to their user base (or at lease those who vote). This lets the devs prioritize their development. What do you guys think?

EDIT: My point is that openSUSE needs to implement this idea.

cisforcojo wrote:
    > That's a fantastic site and has a lot of good ideas but I feel that
    > Ubuntu has a clear advantage here with 'Ubuntu brainstorm'
    > (http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com). It lets the devs not only have
    > suggestions for development but also know how important certain ideas
    > are to their user base (or at lease those who vote). This lets the devs
    > prioritize their development. What do you guys think?
    >
    > EDIT: My point is that openSUSE needs to implement this idea.
    >
    >

Having checked out the brainstorm site I'm left with one question, are
    they only allowing each person to vote once? If not then anything on
    that list can be skewed very easily.

Yeah, you have to log in with your own account and you can only vote for each once. Theoretically, you could vote more with more accounts but that'd be a LOT of effort (and e-mail accounts).

EDIT: Another useful feature is there's a tracker that let's you link to other posts that are similar. A lot of the same ideas tend to pop up so if the ideas are the same, they become merged. There's also feedback with each post as to its development status (this is still very basic though).

Quote Originally Posted by cisforcojo View Post
    Yeah, you have to log in with your own account and you can only vote for each once. Theoretically, you could vote more with more accounts but that'd be a LOT of effort (and e-mail accounts).

EDIT: Another useful feature is there's a tracker that let's you link to other posts that are similar. A lot of the same ideas tend to pop up so if the ideas are the same, they become merged. There's also feedback with each post as to its development status (this is still very basic though).
    Those sound like nifty features. I also like how bugzillas will try to find existing bug reports that sound similar to yours when you create a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by enderandrew View Post
    I'm glad to see that link. There used to be a wishlist on the opening development page, maybe that link replaced it as I don't see the link I was thinking of anymore.

BTW, There is also Package Wishlist @ Package Wishlist; - openSUSE a whole raft of on-going "Projects" & "ToDo(s)" on the WiKi. It's not like the Developers are idle
    Desktop Asus X-99 Viper. uefi & secure Boot, Win10, Leap 15.1; Laptop: ASUS GL752VW Optimus, uefi+Secure Boot, Win10, Leap 15.1 & T-weed and IMac

Actually I made the page and put almost all the suggestions there. I'm hoping the devs take notice. They did eventually take notice of the KDE Ideas page I made and made a few notes on it.

Opensuse Brainstorm must be implemented, there are a lot of good ideas in Ubuntu Brainstorm, and the Wishlist are a non dinamic list of features!

I think the opensuse.org administrators must take this as a priority task for the community!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

start @ Idea Pool

Any feedback or discussion on the ideas I posted on the Wiki?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast