Thread: Add Boot Image

Default Add Boot Image

Hello, I'm inquiring about adding MyahOS to the bootloader. I'm alittle confused on the information that is asked of me when I try to add a section. Pretty much need to know all blanks. =] In MyahOS my drives are listed under /dev/hda in openSUSE its /dev/sda so i dont know which to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Add Boot Image

Perhaps let openSUSE's Yast work it out. You could back up the old configuration first with this command issued in a console:
    sudo cp /boot/grub/menu.lst /boot/grub/menu.lst.backup
    Then reinitialise Grub so it includes the other OS in a new menu.lst. Open Yast --> System --> Bootloader --> lower right at "Other" --> Propose new configuration --> wait for calculations --> switch tabs to "Bootloader Installation" --> checkmark Master Boot Record and uncheck the root or boot partitions --> try that
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1 &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore

Thanks for the quick reply, but i tried what said and to no avail Any other suggestions? I even mounted the partition that has the image on it first then proposed a new config and it still did not detect it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clinton_edwards View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply, but i tried what said and to no avail Any other suggestions? I even mounted the partition that has the image on it first then proposed a new config and it still did not detect it.
    You could try htis:
    Set Myah to put its boot code in the root partition of Myah. Then edit a chainloader entry for Myah into Suse's menu.lst. The chainloader in Suse would point to the Myah root partition.
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1 &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore

Quote Originally Posted by clinton_edwards View Post
    Hello, I'm inquiring about adding MyahOS to the bootloader. I'm alittle confused on the information that is asked of me when I try to add a section. Pretty much need to know all blanks. =] In MyahOS my drives are listed under /dev/hda in openSUSE its /dev/sda so i dont know which to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    all as root
    assuming SuSE is booting
    Mount MyahOS in SuSE; look in it's /boot/grub/menu.lst and copy that boot section

Paste it in SuSE's /boot/grub/menu.lst
    edit it for the proper partition locations

umount MyahOS

(or vice-a-versa depending which bootloader is active)

reboot
    Desktop Asus X-99 Viper. uefi & secure Boot, Win10, Leap 15.1; Laptop: ASUS GL752VW Optimus, uefi+Secure Boot, Win10, Leap 15.1 & T-weed and IMac

When i mount MyahOS under /boot/grub/ there is no menu.lst. when i installed myah i chose not to install lilo or grub.