Thread: (alternate driver: conflict) - openSUSE 10.2

felixbelzile NNTP User

Question (alternate driver: conflict) - openSUSE 10.2

I'm in the process of installing my DWL-g122 wireless USB device with ndiswrapper. I tried two different drivers (Windows default driver and driver that came on CD). Both installations came to a stop here:

CODE EDITED OUT OF MESSAGE AT POSTER'S REQUEST

My guess is that there is a conflict
    Here is my lsmod after loading ndiswrapper as a module anyways:

CODE EDITED OUT OF MESSAGE AT POSTER'S REQUEST

Doesn't look like anything is conflicting... Maybe it has nothing to do with it?
    Last edited by kgroneman; 14-May-2009 at 13:42. Reason: Private information edited out of message at poster's request

Default Re: (alternate driver: conflict) - openSUSE 10.2

I've never run 10.2 (I tried SLED 10.0 briefly, then 11.0), so I'm shooting from the hip.
    But, I've used ndiswrapper alot on other distros.

My guess is that this is erroneous...since I've never heard of a native driver
    named 'conflict'. (One thought...try building a NEWER version of ndiswrapper
    from source, if you know how. Another is: if you've played with udev, undo that.)

But, first, I'd be snooping around with 'dmesg' (or in file '/var/log/messages')
    to see if some native driver IS conflicting...if you find one, blacklist it (by
    adding a line 'blacklist <real-native-driver-name>' to the file '/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist'.

Hope this helps...

Dave

felixbelzile NNTP User

Default Re: (alternate driver: conflict) - openSUSE 10.2

That was it. I just installed ndiswrapper 1.53 and worked first try.

Thanks for suggestion of an update