Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-Installation

Default Post-Installation

Hello-

When I first installed Suse (a long time ago and on a different computer) It had a very nice feature. It had an option to Restart in Windows without me having to choose windows because Suse is the defaut (and I want it to stay that way).

Anyone know how I can do that or is it not possible for some strange reason, I think it was around version 9.

-Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Post-Installation

It (changing the default just for the next boot) can be done by suitable editing of the menu.lst file to use the savedefault and default directives but recent SUSE distros don't seem to support this from the GUI anymore. If you're curious, info grub gives you information on how to do it.

What desktop are you using? The option you are talking about appeared for me as default in the KDE3 session manager

I am using the gnome desktop, is there a simple way to change from gnome to kde? I really would like to have that feature.

Blog Entries

You can select the session at the logon screen. If you don't yet have KDE installed, then install it via 'Software Management' tool in YaST. Change filter to 'Patterns', and select 'KDE3 Desktop Environment', then 'Accept' to start the installation.

How come this feature isn't in Gnome? I prefer gnome to KDE. It just odd that one would have something the other doesn't. The difference should only be a GUI not actual features.

-Thanks

I was downloading what you told me to and it gives me an error half way through the process.

Default Alright

I don't think I posted on the right topic thread.

In Suse I've seen a restart option that lets me restart in Windows or whatever if I choose it. This is from inside the GUI not at the grub screen. Apparently you can do this in KDE and not gnome can anyone shed any light on this?

-Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Alright

Quote Originally Posted by Arukas View Post
    I don't think I posted on the right topic thread.

In Suse I've seen a restart option that lets me restart in Windows or whatever if I choose it. This is from inside the GUI not at the grub screen. Apparently you can do this in KDE and not gnome can anyone shed any light on this?

-Thanks
    Thread locked, pending move to join thread of previous post.
    Post-Installation - openSUSE Forums

Please do not duplicate post. Also, a title of "Alright" is not helpful to yourself, ... you will not garner the correct input/help with such a subject!

Post moved and Thread unlocked.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Alright

Quote Originally Posted by Arukas View Post
    Arukas i don't understand what you are trying to do. Your titles are not descriptive, and your text is confusing.

Please take a look at this wiki ... does this do what you want?
    Reboot from CLI to selective partitions - openSUSE

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast