Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urgent! How to startup installer from CLI in LIVE CD

Exclamation Urgent! How to startup installer from CLI in LIVE CD

sorry for making this a rush but I am kinda in a hurry and need to know if I can startup the installer from the command line using the live cd... The live cd boots up but the icon -- its not the live installer icon its a text file icon -- on the desktop is labled live-installer.desktop .... when launched it gives an error saying its not a folder... Same thing on 2 different computers... I was wondering if I could start this up using a command line somehow.. or is there another way I can install using the live cd??? I'd appreciate some quick responses...

and I forgot to mention its taking too long to load... It took over 10 to 15 min to load up... and now when clicking on applications and show more its been 5 min and nothing has shown up... thats not normal right?

Default Re: Urgent! How to startup installer from CLI in LIVE CD

never used the livecd,but, did you do an md5 checksum before burning the disk ?

Andy
    To be is to do = Immanuel Kant
    To do is to be = Descartes.
    Do be do be do = Frank Sinatra

SuSE user since 7.0,Linux user since 1994

Quote Originally Posted by deltaflyer44 View Post
    never used the livecd,but, did you do an md5 checksum before burning the disk ?

Andy
    yes and it even loaded up right so I am not sure what is wrong here... anything I can do to get this to work... problem is I am in congo atm and internet is too slow... took me 24hrs to download the live cd... if I try to download the dvd its going to take another 72hrs...

anyway I can get this installed with the live cd???

I'm also suspicious of the CD - make sure you have checked *both* the iso file and the burned media, too.

I don't know about executing the install from the terminal. But if you want to know what the command is, open the live-installer.desktop file and you will see it.

Quote Originally Posted by mingus725 View Post
    I'm also suspicious of the CD - make sure you have checked *both* the iso file and the burned media, too.

I don't know about executing the install from the terminal. But if you want to know what the command is, open the live-installer.desktop file and you will see it.
    hmmmm.... this is really wierd when I did the cd check is showed the md5 sum is wrong... Why did it show it was right before I burned it?

If the md5 is wrong then the only way is download it again right?

If the md5 is wrong then the only way is download it again right?
    unfortunately, downloading it again is the only recourse. if you downloaded via torrent, you may be able to get the torrent to repair it

Andy

unfortunately, downloading it again is the only recourse. if you downloaded via torrent, you may be able to get the torrent to repair it

Andy
    how do I repair through the torrent?

when you try to download again, hopefully the torrent will realise this & try to re-download the bits that were incorrectly downloaded. this depends on your torrent manager,as not all can do this

Andy

when you try to download again, hopefully the torrent will realise this & try to re-download the bits that were incorrectly downloaded. this depends on your torrent manager,as not all can do this

Andy
    I'll give this a try... thanks a bunch and I appreciate your quick response... I'll c ya around and bug ya if I get lost

I did that and it verified and the md5sum checkout right again... So I will burn it again and give it another try... could it be possible that a faulty dvd or some error during burning could have caused this eventhough the burn was succesful?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast