Thread: SUSE service pack upgrades

Question SUSE service pack upgrades

If this is not the proper place for this kind of post, I apologize up front. Perhaps one of you could kindly point me in the right direction.

My question relates to SLES 10, not openSUSE, but I think the issue may apply to openSUSE as well. My support contract only includes updates, and I it has run so well I haven't had the need for it.

I ran the upgrade from SP1 to SP2 (via online update) and the system still reports on my bash prompt that it's SP1. I get the email notifications when updates are provided, and those updates (for SP2) aren't showing up on my server. It seems as though it's stuck in SP1.

I do have packages in /var/lib/zypp/cache/Source.jcDhJk/repodata/ that contain slesp2 in the file name. I also have a /var/log/YaST2/move-to-sles10-sp2-script.log file, but I really don't understand any of it.

I don't know how much is different and how much is the same between SLES and openSUSE (besides package selection/version). I'm just sorta stuck.

Suggestions, or a place to go for assistance?

Default Re: SUSE service pack upgrades

On 07/10/2008 jasonsbailey wrote:
    > Suggestions, or a place to go for assistance?

Yep:
    http://forums.novell.com/novell-prod...e-server-sles/
    The forums here aren't for SLES or SLED, actually.

Uwe

Default Re: SUSE service pack upgrades

Oh, yes, I forgot about the Novell forums. Last time I visited there (which was some time ago), I didn't get much of a reply.

Well, I'll give it a whirl.

Thanks.