Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: X Error of failed request: BadAlloc (insufficient resources

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Rome, Italy

    Default Re: X Error of failed request: BadAlloc (insufficient resou

    Hi. I only can guess your chip i965 is not so well supported by the very poor intel driver. Actually my laptop is a fujitsu-siemens amilo si1520 but i have i945gm so the experience could be different. The only thing i can say is that yes specifying the amount of Videoram could be obsolete but it has been the only cure i did. So maybe that even man is buggy! Now vlc,mplayer and Xine work great with Compiz on. Anyway this driver is buggy. I still use as main system Opensuse10.3 and 11.0 as second choice. But even 6 months ago i had to fall back to the good old i810 driver. Could it be closer to the solution? Something is really going crazy whit the intel chipset drivers. Even the new iwi3945 is a ******* in the respect of the old driver. A lot to complain. Is this a way to make us switch to windoze? I'll google if i can manage this problem

  2. #12
    gnd NNTP User

    Default Re: X Error of failed request: BadAlloc (insufficient resou

    Hello all,

    i've come upon a solution to fix this problem - works at least for me - (see my config up in the posts).
    I've been checking the bug description of this problems here: - there sprang out the name Carl Worth who is working on a EXA acceleration method with the intel open source driver. So i just tried what does it do, and seems like i can watch movies without BadAlloc and also use the desktop effects, even though i feel they are slower then without this "fix".

    just delete the cachelines and videoram option from xorg.conf it it doesnt work for you, and add:

    Option "AccelMethod" "exa"

    into the device section.

    maybe i found out something everybody allready knows, but i couldnt find this anywhere so maybe it can help to people who experience simillar problems with the intel driver.

  3. #13

    Default Re: X Error of failed request: BadAlloc (insufficient resou

    I've filed a bug against openSUSE 11.0, in the "X" category:

  4. #14

    Default [RESOLVED] Re: X Error of failed request: BadAlloc

    Exactly 1 hour after I had filed a bug (see previous post) Stefan Dirsch from openSUSE support came up with this advice:

    Please try in 'Section "Device"'

    Option "AccelMethod" "XAA"
    Restart Xserver afterwards.

    And that's it. Everything works fine now. :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts