Thread: SuSE silently overriding KDE password settings

Default SuSE silently overriding KDE password settings

Hi. I've posted this question in the "boot/login" forum already (Passwordless Login Problem - openSUSE Forums), but since it's KDE-specific it would seem this place is more appropriate. It's about the KDE3 password options in KDE Control Center. You can set specific users to have a passwordless login there, so they may log in to their accounts by simply clicking on their names on the welcome screen. Well, as far as I can tell, these settings get silently overridden by SuSE's YAST. Namely, in YAST you can either select passworded login for _all_ or passwordless login for _all_ (and that includes root, mind you!). No granularity whatsoever. Does anybody have any idea as to how to prevent this from happening? And I don't mean finding a workaround, but actually _preventing_ this behaviour and making the KDE Control Center settings stick?

Default Re: SuSE silently overriding KDE password settings

Hullo? Anyone?

This utter silence speaks volumes.

Yes but u can set access rights to users.
    So all users with a password or all users without a password its the same thing.
    The thing that changes really is the rights that these users have.U can limit the access of the users by simply adding/removing them form specific groups.So even if a user can loggin without a password he can do absolutelly nothing if u dont permit it.
    Play with group access for a while.It does not seem to be a security issue here.More than a user management/administration.

If this is waht you are talking about.....
    "Keyboard not found. Press any key to continue"