I currently use the driver here: Ext2 IFS For Windows to enable me to access ext2/3 partitions in Windows XP. I recently added a Maxtor Diamondmax 22 500GB SATA-II 32MB and partitioned it to include two swap partitions (one for Windows and one for a future Linux installation) and a ~450 GB partition for data. My problem is that I have installed the Ext2 IFS software and was able to create a drive letter for a desired volume of Linux. But when I try to access that volume I get an error message "The disk in drive X: is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?"

The website troubleshooting guide advises that I try mountdiag but it is not helpful in this case. I contacted the driver author a couple of days ago but am still awaiting a reply.

CDocuments and Settings\Sean>mountdiag h:
The volume has an Ext2/Ext3 file system, but the Ext2 IFS 1.10 software did not mount it. This diagnosis tool could not find out why. Please contact the author of the Ext2 IFS software.

I was wondering if anyone could advise an alternative ext2fs IFS driver. I notice that there are a few around but they all seem to be underdeveloped and unmaintained or developed very slowly.