Thread: S-video issues on a Dell Inspiron 9200 with SUSE 11

Default S-video issues on a Dell Inspiron 9200 with SUSE 11

Hi,

I have been trying to watch movies on my TV from my computer using an s-video cable. I am able to see videos from Youtube and other sources on my TV, but when I play movies (with Kaffeine, mplayer, etc.) I only see a dark blue screen. I dont much about Linux, however, one day I was playing with it and got see the movie playing on the TV. I then turn off the computer to start over but this time it didnt work.

Any suggestions? I will really appreciate it.

My computer specifications are:
    Inspiron 9200
    video card ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600/9700 Series
    I am using SUSE 11.

Thanks,

Julio

Blog Entries

Default Re: S-video issues on a Dell Inspiron 9200 with SUSE 11

Quote Originally Posted by juliosuse View Post
    I have been trying to watch movies on my TV from my computer using an s-video cable. I am able to see videos from Youtube and other sources on my TV, but when I play movies (with Kaffeine, mplayer, etc.) I only see a dark blue screen. I dont much about Linux, however, one day I was playing with it and got see the movie playing on the TV. I then turn off the computer to start over but this time it didnt work.
    You say you got it working once? Try again, and this time in your media player, go and try different video output modules. ... ie x11 or xv or other ... and see if that makes a difference.

Default Re: S-video issues on a Dell Inspiron 9200 with SUSE 11

Finally, I got it working with the "xshm" video output in Kaffeine.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Julio