Thread: Reverting to 10.3 artwork

Default Reverting to 10.3 artwork

As much as I absolutely love 11.0, I rather dislike the new bootsplash and KDM artwork. I'm sure there is a way to revert back to the old artwork on all fronts. Desktop, the whole nine yards. If indeed there is a way, what packages do i need to make the change?

Thanks!

Default Re: Reverting to 10.3 artwork

Just use openSuSE 11.0 with KDE3.5
    OpenSuSE Leap 42.3 / KDE 5.8 | Intel i7 3770 | 16GBRam | 120 + 80GB SSD's | Benq 27" | DVD | PhilipsToUcam 740 | HPpsc2355p | Logitech KB & mouse | 320 +160 + 80 + 80 GB USB HDD's | Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7360 | (V)DSL 12 MB/s | SuSE since 2001

I'm currently using 3.5.9 and overall I'm happy with the artwork from that aspect. It's the Opensuse Bootsplash and KDM artwork that I don't like. 3.5 does not change this.

Install the bootsplash-theme-SuSE-classic and gos-wallpapers packages. Not sure about the older KDM themes.
    <>---><^>

I'll see what I can do about the KDM theme on kde-look.org if nobody else can make a suggestion. Otherwise, thanks for the info!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by djkraemer View Post
    I'll see what I can do about the KDM theme on kde-look.org if nobody else can make a suggestion. Otherwise, thanks for the info!
    Unfortunately http://en.opensuse.org is down as I type this, hence I will refer you to the older (somewhat dated) sls wiki, as opposed to the more up todate en.opensuse.org wiki on customizing your splash screens:
    SuSELinuxSupport: HowToChangeSuSEBootSplashScreens

Quote Originally Posted by djkraemer View Post
    Check out the openSUSE 10.3 Branding.
    <>---><^>