Thread: Can't mount flash card.

Default Can't mount flash card.

I've installed ntfs-config packet to enable write rights to ntfs partitions, I have succeed, but now I can't open my flash usb stick. When I am plugging it in Suse 11 says that there is a problem in mounting this device...I've tried 3 different usb stick, same ****** Can somebody help me? Thank you in advance

Blog Entries

Default Re: Can't mount flash card.

Flash usb sticks are usually FAT32 filesystem. You can check the filesystem by plugging in a drive and running in a console this command:
    Code:
    sudo /sbin/fdisk -l
    Swerdna
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1 &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore

Yes my flash is fat32 and I asked why this packet (ntfs-config) broke RW of my flash?

Does anybody know how to change everuthing back to standart driver (not ntfs-3g) or how to make my flash card accessible with ntfs-config installed.
    Thank you.

Blog Entries

This is what maybe happened: ntfs-config makes a permanent entry in the file system table (called fstab). You shouldn't use ntfs-config for temporary partitions like usb sticks. Now there's maybe a line in fstab similar to this:
    Code:
    /dev/disk/by-id/etc-etc-part1 /mnt/sdb1   ntfs-3g    users,gid=users,blah_blah_F-8 0 0
    You have to remove it.
    You can see the line/s in fstab by executing this command in a console:
    Code:
    cat /etc/fstab
    See the one with ntfs-3g in it; that would let you see whether I am right or whether I misdiagnosed the situation.
    If it's there, make a backup copy of fstab and then edit fstab and remove the offending line.

Swerdna
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1 &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore