Thread: GNOME splash screen

Default GNOME splash screen

When i log into GNOME, splash screen keep staying on screen for cca 5 minutes(view link). It's very anoying, it is a way how to fix this issue? ImageShack - Hosting :: obrazovkalc0.png

Thanks.

foomanjackel NNTP User

Default Re: GNOME splash screen

when that was happening to me....i deleted the hidden .gnome file in my home directory.

lost all my settings, but solved the problem.

You can disable your splashscreen by opening up the gnome-terminal, running the command gconf-editor then navigate to:

/ -> apps -> gnome-session -> options

In that set of options there should be one called "show_splash_screen" uncheck that and that should help you out. I did it and didn't lose settings or anything. In fact, it boots up just a hair quicker.

foomanjackel -> Uhm...unfortunatelly i don't have hidden .gnome file in my home dir. But thanks anyway, this issue was meantime solved. I deleted in my home dir. file 'session' in hidden dir .gnome2 and now it's again all OK and also settings were not lost :)

antiparadigm -> Thanks, i will try it. Every second is precious :)

Seems a lot of Gnome options are in Gnome Config Editor right now. Anyway, that fixed my problem. Thanks. (unchecking the splash screen option)