Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: setup login

Default setup login

When I installed opensuse 11 it was set by default as auto login. How do I set it up to use my username and password to login?

Default Re: setup login

if using kde - control centre>system administration (click admin mode and enter root pw)>login manager>convenience. disable autologin from there. for even more security i have made all users hidden, so you have to manually type in user name as well.

I went there and enable auto-login is grayed out. Was it supposed to be set as auto login by default?

have you clicked administrator mode though?

or from console type

kdesu kcontrol

then try it. let me know what happens.

I was logged in admin mode.

hmmm very stange indeed. what about if you run

kdesu kcontrol

from a terminal window? is it still greyed out? could you post an image of what you get?

thanks... we will get this sorted

just had a thought, maybe as you started with auto login you have not yet set a user password, this could be why?? if you haven't go into yast?security and users>user and group management and set a password for your user and see what happens then.

Quote Originally Posted by thestig View Post
    just had a thought, maybe as you started with auto login you have not yet set a user password, this could be why?? if you haven't go into yast?security and users>user and group management and set a password for your user and see what happens then.
    I'm actually have the same problem in 10.2 KDE. I do setup pw for the root and the user I'm using. Although Enable Auto-login section of Login Manager is unchecked, it doesn't prompt me for pw when I turn on my computer. But I have to input my pw to active it when I lock the computer. Thanks a lot.

All done! I just checked Enable Auto-login and then unchecked it following by click the Default. Now it comes to what I want, input pw while turn on the computer. Many thanks for your help!

Seb

glad you got it sorted... hope the original poster has too...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast