Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11.0 & FireFox 3 right-click menu issues

Angry 11.0 & FireFox 3 right-click menu issues

Seems to be yet another "broken after the update" issue :/

I use the right-click menu to open tabs in Firefox a LOT... like probably hundreds of times a day, and it's gotten so that it's really, really flakey -
    At least half the time if not more, when I right-click on a link, instead of getting the menu, FF will just seemingly randomly select a menu option and go with it.
    Sometimes I get a new tab, sometimes it opens up an email window, sometimes it opens the link in a new window, etc etc.
    It's not unusual at all for me to have to right-click on something a half dozen times before I get my new tab, and then have to go back to close all the garbage it fired up during the attempt.
    This was definitely not something it was doing before the update - anybody happen to have any ideas what's going on or even better how to get it to act normal? thanks!

Default Re: 11.0 & FireFox 3 right-click menu issues

At least half the time if not more, when I right-click on a link, instead of getting the menu, FF will just seemingly randomly select a menu option and go with it.
    Sometimes I get a new tab, sometimes it opens up an email window, sometimes it opens the link in a new window, etc etc.
    Same problem here. I'd be also interested in a solution.
    Any suggestions?

I thought it was my mouse

same problem here
    openSUSE 11.0 Kde 3.5.9 Linux kernel 2.6.26.1

My Blog: http://snake1990.wordpress.com

This doesn't happen only in Firefox, I had the same issue with the KDE4 version of openSUSE 11, by right-clicking an icon in the system bar often automatically chose to quit that program. I haven't noticed this in Gnome yet.

I have this FF issue running openSUSE 11.0 and GNOME. I also thought it'd be my mouse maybe, but the problem occurs way too often and not with another application (at least in GNOME) so far.

I am having the same problem also running firefox on 11.0 using Gnome. I haven't noticed a problem with any other program either.

No problem here, but to solve the flash/java issues with 64bit openSuSE & FF I have FF from its own folder, and use it from there. Just added libflashplayer.so to the plugins folder and it all works as it should.
    Well..... scrolling is louzy even with 'smooth scrolling' enabled.
    OpenSuSE Leap 42.3 / KDE 5.8 | Intel i7 3770 | 16GBRam | 120 + 80GB SSD's | Benq 27" | DVD | PhilipsToUcam 740 | HPpsc2355p | Logitech KB & mouse | 320 +160 + 80 + 80 GB USB HDD's | Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7360 | (V)DSL 12 MB/s | SuSE since 2001

Just a quick update - tried to uninstall & then reinstall - doesn't seem to have helped

Just submitted a bug tracker, didn't appear to be one yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoglare View Post
    Seems to be yet another "broken after the update" issue :/

I use the right-click menu to open tabs in Firefox a LOT... like probably hundreds of times a day, and it's gotten so that it's really, really flakey -
    It's not unusual at all for me to have to right-click on something a half dozen times before I get my new tab, and then have to go back to close all the garbage it fired up during the attempt.
    This was definitely not something it was doing before the update - anybody happen to have any ideas what's going on or even better how to get it to act normal? thanks!
    Hmmm, odd. I just tested on several websites and both right-click and middle-mouse-button "Open in a new tab" is working perfectly. I wonder what would cause that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast