Thread: System Restore

Default System Restore

Hey all,

I was thinking about installing a program in Wine that I was having some trouble with, and wanted to test if it works: my problem is that I want to create a restore point before I install the application because it causes another program to have errors. So, how do I make a restore point and how would I got about restoring my system from this point?

Thank you!

Folding@Home
    Help save lives with Folding@Home

Default Re: System Restore

You don't need this when using wine as wine apps are not installed as "normal" apps.
    If it fails work just delete the the program folder under ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files. Once deleted your system will exactly as it was prior to the installation.

/Geoff

Default Re: System Restore

Quote Originally Posted by geoffro View Post
    You don't need this when using wine as wine apps are not installed as "normal" apps.
    If it fails work just delete the the program folder under ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files. Once deleted your system will exactly as it was prior to the installation.

/Geoff
    The only problem with the program is that if it fails to install, it's an expansion pack, and it keeps itself and the original version of the game from running. If that happens (which I've done before), I have to delete both and install the original again. It's not really that much, but the visual configuration for the original is quite lengthy.

Folding@Home
    Help save lives with Folding@Home