Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Devede

  1. #1

    Default Devede

    Devede (loaded from YAST) has error "cannot find Mplayer Mencoder", both are on the system in exactly the same folder as Suse 10.3 which works. Suse 10.3 has version 3.7, 11.0 has version 3.9. Tried swapping versions but still same error message.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    28,144
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Devede

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 12:16:03 GMT
    jonny50 <jonny50@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

    >
    > Devede (loaded from YAST) has error "cannot find Mplayer Mencoder",
    > both are on the system in exactly the same folder as Suse 10.3 which
    > works. Suse 10.3 has version 3.7, 11.0 has version 3.9. Tried swapping
    > versions but still same error message.
    >
    >

    Hi
    But are they in the PATH for the user trying to run? Try the following
    commands;

    which mplayer
    which mencoder

    If they aren't there your would need to add the directory to your path.
    Else maybe it needs to be added to a config file somewhere?

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 10.0 SP2 x86_64 Kernel 2.6.16.60-0.23-smp
    up 16 days 8:57, 0 users, load average: 0.03, 0.10, 0.10
    GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 173.14.09


  3. #3

    Default Re: Devede

    Tried "which", comes up /user/bin/ for both. It's complicated because there are so many python files involved, but will try and find a config file

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    28,144
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Devede

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 13:16:04 GMT
    jonny50 <jonny50@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

    >
    > Tried "which", comes up /user/bin/ for both. It's complicated because
    > there are so many python files involved, but will try and find a
    > config file
    >
    >

    Hi
    fgrep should help in the directory where the files are.

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 10.0 SP2 x86_64 Kernel 2.6.16.60-0.23-smp
    up 16 days 9:57, 0 users, load average: 0.04, 0.10, 0.08
    GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 173.14.09


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    28,144
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Devede

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 13:28:41 GMT
    Malcolm <malcolm_nospamlewis@bellsouth.net> wrote:

    > On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 13:16:04 GMT
    > jonny50 <jonny50@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:
    >
    > >
    > > Tried "which", comes up /user/bin/ for both. It's complicated
    > > because there are so many python files involved, but will try and
    > > find a config file
    > >
    > >

    > Hi
    > fgrep should help in the directory where the files are.
    >

    Hi
    Just downloaded DeVeDe from pacman and it works fine? Did you download
    from source?

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 10.0 SP2 x86_64 Kernel 2.6.16.60-0.23-smp
    up 16 days 10:14, 0 users, load average: 0.39, 0.13, 0.09
    GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 173.14.09


  6. #6

    Default Re: Devede

    Have packman repo, downloaded about three times thro Yast, did not compile from source. I think on my system devede is not recognising the new versions of mplayer and mencoder, they are different to 10.3

  7. #7

    Default Re: Devede

    I am at moment using 10.3, but when i've finished I will go into 11.0 and try removing the reloading mplayer, strangely Yast does not find mencoder even though it is in /usr/bin/. All main repos are enabled in YAST

  8. #8

    Default Re: Devede

    Sorted, deleted all repos, then reloaded all including packman and videolan. Deleted Mplayer and Devede. Downloaded Devede first via Yast, then Mplayer. Devede now works.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •