Thread: Intel Q963 Video driver problem with Suse 11.0 install

Exclamation Intel Q963 Video driver problem with Suse 11.0 install

Hello ...

To whom it may concern

After I install Suse 11.0 on my IBM Desktop ThinkCenter ... the Login screen is not coming up propertly on my workstation ... the screen is scrambling on my monitor preventing me from login ....

I think the video resolution is not displaying propertly on my machine ....

During the install I notice Suse was automatically installing a video driver (Intel 945 G) on my machine but when I research on IBM web site the intel card on my workstation is Intel Q963 (* Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3000 with 256 MB memory)

I try to download the IBM Driver for linux and I can seem to install on it on suse ......

is there a Intel Video Q963 driver for Suse?
    Where could I download it?
    and I do I select that driver to install on Suse?

Thanks ..

Default Re: Intel Q963 Video driver problem with Suse 11.0 install

Intel Linux Graphics: Downloads

Set your monitor resolution first. ctrl-atl-F3. Login as root. init 3. sax2. Choose monitor and resolution. Reboot.

Odds are the driver is installed already as part of xorg. You can see it if you type lsmod | grep intel. Good luck.

Default Re: Intel Q963 Video driver problem with Suse 11.0 install

When I type the command lsmod | grep intel at the root ..

I am getting this message

snd_hda_intel
    intel_grp
    snd_pcm
    snd_page_alloc
    snd_hwdep
    agpgart
    snd

after I see this message .. what do I type (Details - Newbie (Step by Step))

Thumbs up Re: Intel Q963 Video driver problem with Suse 11.0 install

I resolved it by Reinstall Suse 11.0 from scratch and install KDE 3.5 instead of 4.0 ....

During the install of Suse 11.0 ... You could scan for additional Reposistories or Add repositories ...

I added VLC video repositories
    I added NVIDia Driver Repositories
    I added ATI Driver Repositories
    and I added Packman Repositories for Suse 11.0 During the install ...

Then After I install Suse 11.0 ... I login into Suse 11.0 Failsafe mode (Not Default KDE) .. FailSafe mode and ran the updated repositiories for internet ........

Then when to my Hardware Display to set the my video display to 1600x1200 UXGA and set bit 16 instead of 24 bit ....

after I reboot the machine and login into the Default setting of KDE 3.5 .. I think the KDE is 2.6.26.-9 default (I think) ...

Now my Video driver works fine with no problem Suse 11.0 with using KDE 3.5 ... not KDE 4.0 ... ...