Can't I have triple boot: Windows, Leopard and OpenSuse 11?

Hi people,

After using Ubuntu for a year I decided to leave it due to problems with my Asus F3JC laptop (fans running as if it were trying to fly, laptop too hot and battery life shorter compared to windows!), so I decided to try OpenSuse 11.

Once you install Leopard, no matter what linux distro you use but you have to add the leopard entries to grub in other to be able to boot Leopard because grub doesn’t take the leopard entry automatically so you have to do it manually. I did it in Ubuntu and it worked. But know in OpenSuse it doesn’t…
As I didn’t change the partition scheme neither the sort or partitions size I just replace some of the content of the OpenSuse grub by the old one and I still can boot OpenSuse and Windows, but I can’t boot leopard it gives me some kind of hfs+ error.

Is it because Ubuntu’s grub and SUse’s grub are different??

On the other hand I would like to ask you something:
As the servers were collapsed I downloaded OpenSuse 11 through rapidshare.com. It includes Amarok, but not Banshee (I thought OpenSue 11 was going to use Banshee and not Amarok). Do I have a beta???

Thanks people!

aquicurrando wrote:

> On the other hand I would like to ask you something:
> As the servers were collapsed I downloaded OpenSuse 11 through
> rapidshare.com. It includes Amarok, but not Banshee (I thought OpenSue
> 11 was going to use Banshee and not Amarok). Do I have a beta???
>
> Thanks people!

I don’t think it installs automatically unless you use Gnome as your
desktop. Go to YAST, Software Management, and enter banshee as a search
term and you’ll see all the Banshee ready to install.

bob@rsmits.ca (Robert Smits, Ladysmith BC)

“I’m not one of those who think Bill Gates is the devil. I simply suspect
that if Microsoft ever met up with the devil, it wouldn’t need an
interpreter.” - Nicholas Petreley

I would suggest to use a separate boot manager, especially if you want this as a fixed setup.
It will make boot life much easier and also gives you more control of presented partition layout keeping system partitions hidden between os’es.

Have a look here : Boot Manager, Partition Manager, and Drive Image Utility - BootIt Next Generation

Screenshots : BootIt Next Generation - Screen Shots

Cheers,
Wj

ps. Nope, I don’t have/hold shares for this software company… it’s just saved and eased my (and others) life many times :wink: