Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Deleting Kontact's application data

  1. #1

    Default Deleting Kontact's application data

    I'd like to reset all of Kontact's options to its defaults, and I think the fastest way to do that is to delete the Kontact/Kmail profile. In which directory is this data contained? Thanks!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Deleting Kontact's application data

    Chlorus wrote:

    > I'd like to reset all of Kontact's options to its defaults, and I think
    > the fastest way to do that is to delete the Kontact/Kmail profile. In
    > which directory is this data contained? Thanks!


    Can you use file search in Konqueror?

    $ find .kde* -iname "*kontact*" -or -iname "*kmail*"
    ..kde/share/config/kmail.eventsrc
    ..kde/share/config/session/kontact_107475780000121428931400000038900017_1214415911_66121
    ..kde/share/config/kmailrc
    ..kde/share/config/kmailsnippetrc
    ..kde/share/config/kontactrc
    ..kde/share/config/kontact_summaryrc
    ..kde/share/config/kmailcvtrc
    ..kde/share/apps/kmail
    ..kde4/share/config/kmailrc


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    3,439

    Default Re: Deleting Kontact's application data

    The files above are all hidden files in /home/user; so you need to check Show hidden files in Konqueror to see them.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Deleting Kontact's application data

    john hudson wrote:

    > The files above are all hidden files in /home/user; so you need to check
    > Show hidden files in Konqueror to see them.


    Nevertheless they appear as results when you search.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Deleting Kontact's application data

    And all of those are safe to delete I take it? Thanks!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Deleting Kontact's application data

    Chlorus wrote:

    > And all of those are safe to delete I take it? Thanks!


    If unsure, keep a backup.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •