Thread: Hotkeys?

Default Hotkeys?

hi there,
    I have a Dell Ltitude D600 Notebook with Suse 11.0 . Can anybody tell me how I can bring my Volume Hotkeys to work?

Uwe Buckesfeld NNTP User

Default Re: Hotkeys?

* dabigjones,

open a terminal and type "xev". Now when you see the hotkeys issue a signal, you may want to check into lineak.

Uwe

I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 notebook and most of the function keys worked on 11 after a install. My volume keys, like yours didn't, but once I went into Configure Desktop > Keyboard and Mouse > KMix in the componet dropdown I was able to set them as custom shortcuts for the channel I wanted to use them with.

They stop working after a reboot, but I am assuming that is a KDE 4 bug, as it seems to have issues remembering a lot of things after a reboot.

This is just for KDE 4, as I can't remember the exact steps on other KDE versions.
    lysdestic@suseforums:~>make install --not-war

Or you can use keytouch and keytouch-editor.
    It is abhorrent the spiritual greed of those that knowing something, do not seek the transfer of such knowledge.

Miguel de Unamuno - Writer (1864-1936)

Raiman NNTP User

Atlast, solution found, keytouch worked for my D620.
    Thanks

Wow, Keytouch is pretty spiffy. After finally figuring it out I mapped out Volume Up and Down, Mute, Eject, and a Battery Monitor key. The only other two function keys I had were a WLAN key and Brightness keys, but they already worked.

The hardest was mapping out the battery monitor. I set the key function to open up the KPowersave info dialog, but there wasn't a command line option for that, so I put a dcop call in the program dialog.

Here it is for reference if anyone else wants to use it with there battery funtion key.
    dcop kpowersave KPowersaveIface showDetailedDialog
    lysdestic@suseforums:~>make install --not-war

Thanks guys. I'm using keytouch now and it works propperly.