Free openSUSE 11.0 box email ?!

Hi,

i just received this email:

openSUSE 11.0 has been relased, and we would like to thank our active testers by offering a free box of the final openSUSE 11.0 product. If you would like to get this free (as in “beer” :wink: box, please send the following information back to me as soon as possible:

XXXX

I would like you to try to give the information exactly like above[0],on ONE SINGLE LINE without any quoting characters in front, and INCLUCING empty fields. For example:

XXXX

Note the “,”, where the “Address2” and “State” fields are missing. “Language” indicates the preferred language for the box, either g for german or e for english. We have a fixed number of both languages, so there’s no guarantee you will get your preferred version, I’m afraid. “phone” is sometimes needed because the postal service needs to get in contact with you prior to delivery (not sure why, may include customs
issues). If you don’t think this will be an issue, feel free to omit the phone field.

If you take care in sending me your address exactly like above, you will make my work easier as the data is needed as a CSV list (comma separated value), so I thank you in advance for your effort.

Regards,
Rasmus

while the idea sounds tempting and of course I was a Very Active tester :wink: it does have this fishing like feeling to me.

anyone know anything about this? it did appear to come from suse.de

stefan

If it is the real deal, you may want to check here & see if the contact details are the same

Andy

Stefan, it’s the real deal…

Now enjoy the fruits of you labor! :slight_smile:

stefan1975 schrieb:
> i just received this email:
>
>> openSUSE 11.0 has been relased, and we would like to thank our active
>> testers by offering a free box of the final openSUSE 11.0 product. …]
>> Regards,
>> Rasmus
>
> while the idea sounds tempting and of course I was a Very Active tester
> :wink: it does have this fishing like feeling to me.
>
> anyone know anything about this? it did appear to come from suse.de

It’s genuine. I received the same when 10.3 came out, submitted my details,
got the free 10.3 box, and nothing else. Definitely no phishing attempt of
any kind.

HTH
T.