Thread: pinnacle pctv dvb-t stick solo

Default pinnacle pctv dvb-t stick solo

Hi there,
    does anyone has an idea if i can get my dvb-t dongle get to work under opensuse 11.0? It worked already under Ubuntu 7.10 but with a lot of work and only with one kernel. It chipset is an e72 and should use a patched version of the dib0700 driver. If anyone has a conclusion please tell me.

Default Re: pinnacle pctv dvb-t stick solo

With the SuSE 11 kernel+dvb package being so new it might already contain the necessary DVB drivers for your system (31/03/2008 CVS). If not, I might be pursuaded into compiling an RPM to upgrade the DVB drivers to the latest Mercurial release - I need to do it for myself anyway.

So I would suggest just downloading the firmware ( dvb-usb-dib0700-1.10.fw ) and dumping it in /lib/firmware and see what happens.

it's a dream. After the problems i had in ubuntu and the problems i would still have in mandriva i would never have thought that it would be so simple. Thanks for your help.

So worked fine? I'm not quite sure if you're dreaming or if it worked like a dream?

Ok I can not make the stick work. The first problem is when I try to add the firmware to /lib/firmware I get the error "Access denied" Cannot write to /lib/firmware

Any suggestions?

smith jc wrote:
    > Ok I can not make the stick work. The first problem is when I try to
    > add the firmware to /lib/firmware I get the error "Access denied" Cannot
    > write to /lib/firmware

You need to be root to write to that directory. If I assume that you are using
    cp to put it there, then the correct command would be

Code:
    sudo cp <downloaded firmware file> /lib/firmware
    FYI, the sudo command says to do the following command as the super user. As it
    applies to only a single command, it is much safer than switching to root with a
    "su" command.

Larry