Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broken Threads

Default Broken Threads

Is it not possible to keep an eye out for RE: in thread titles, maybe get them flagged. As from what I can work out they seem to imply broken threads.

Re: Problem winth scim/skim - openSUSE Forums
    Re: Upgrade to 11.0, Move mail etc - openSUSE Forums
    Re: openSUSE 11.0 RC & Desktop Selection - openSUSE Forums
    Re: Suse 11 RC1 Vesa option - openSUSE Forums
    Re: sudden rebooting - openSUSE Forums
    Re: DVD to ISO - openSUSE Forums
    Re: Windows and Linux: An Economic Footnote - openSUSE Forums

We also have the odd ones like this Re: warning all the time opensuse11 - openSUSE Forums is the web interface missing posts?
    This is also confusing

Re: Problem winth scim/skim - openSUSE Forums
    Yet looking for the top post doesn't seem to be finding the OP that is ref'd here
    Re: Problem winth scim/skim - openSUSE Forums searching "Problem winth scim/skim" doesn't seem to find the original is this just being seen on nttp?

I got bored of googling I'm sure there is more.
    Man first, have a try at Info, have a look at Wiki, if all that fails Scroogle!!!!!
    If I've helped click on the Rep button I don't know what it does but it sounds cool.

Default Re: Broken Threads

FM, I was trying to work those but ran into a search problem. Working the issue
    Desktop Asus X-99 Viper. uefi & secure Boot, Win10, Leap 15.1 B & Leap 43.2; and, Laptop: ASUS GL752VW Optimus, uefi+Secure Boot, Win10, Leap 15 & T-weed

You and me both ;-) Found google worked best, but seemed to find content as well, not just titles which didn't help.

I just wondered whether the gateway could handle it better <shrug>

Just seems that if the title has RE:Blah Blah then it belongs to Blah Blah.

No real coder but wondered whether it was possible to implement it at the gateway. Of course should someone actually use a title RE: it would cause problems but can't see that happening to often.

Though some seem to be missing top posts which I couldn't find.
    Man first, have a try at Info, have a look at Wiki, if all that fails Scroogle!!!!!
    If I've helped click on the Rep button I don't know what it does but it sounds cool.

No one ignores your reports. Staff reads and reviews every single one.
    Keith Kastorff

Reviewing isn't acting someone moved them originally when they broke them, the decent thing would be to fix them after too.

Out of my original post only one has been fixed, NNTP is so transparent NOT

I can only presume you like broken threads where following it is becoming a logistic nightmare and takes google skills just to follow a single thread now.

Where I still a MOD I would of fixed them my self hell its not difficult to find them and move them.

Seeming as no one can be bothered actually moderating to get someone started.

Problems configuring logrotate. - openSUSE Forums
    Re: sensors - openSUSE Forums
    ^ this one seems to be responding to archives.
    DVD to ISO - openSUSE Forums
    sudden rebooting - openSUSE Forums
    ntfs mounting in 10.3 - openSUSE Forums
    Opensuse 11.3. How to Net wirelessly? - openSUSE Forums
    Star Office ? - openSUSE Forums
    Suse 11 RC1 Vesa option - openSUSE Forums
    HP nc6400 and wireless - openSUSE Forums

Now that I've done the hard work maybe one of you could ACTUALLY fix them. If you're going to keep telling us that NNTP is transparent then at least make it so.

We appreciate your efforts in helping find broken threads. Becoming more strident and frustrated with the issue isn't helpful.
    Keith Kastorff

As proven by this thread there is no point actually finding broken threads nothing gets done.

A week later still not fixed.

Yet I can find them and there homes in less than 10 minutes the same as any member of the staff here, the difference is the staff don't seem to want to. I would of had them fixed before snakedrivers first post had I been a mod.

TBH I would of had them fixed in the time you've spent tooing and frooing here

And I suppose you think by berating volunteer staff we'll be more inclined to scan the board constantly for broken threads? I doubt it works quite like that in your part of the world.

People post in the wrong place. Staff moves the thread to the right location. At that point, nothing is broken. Later, a NNTP user posts to the thread's original location using the now obsolete gateway information. The result is the broken threads that you've been reporting. Since there's no immediate breakage when the thread is moved, fixing things requires the type of scanning you're fond of.

Perhaps you could force staff to scan and fix the threads? I certainly can't. Maybe someone will choose to do so, but we're all volunteers. Someone has marked every single reported post so far as resolved in some way, so AFAIK, except for the reported posts you've submitted today, things were caught up. If that's not the case, indeed someone has dropped the ball, but certainly working with us privately on the matter for followup would be more productive than a public rant.
    Keith Kastorff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast