Thread: I am back where I started

Default I am back where I started

Hello all!

I suggest that we all love openSuSE and we all appreciate the work that someone does for us to feel comfortable when using our PC.
    Additionaly I loved the previous suseforums.net version. I just mean that it is great that somebody is doing the forum maintenance and generating new ideas. It is a very important part of open source development and I very appreciate this work. But what was the big reason to move it here? )) Moreover. My user account is disabled. I mean, I had to log in with my Novel password, not the one I used for the forum. My user info has been reset etc...
    Or is it only my problem?

Default Re: I am back where I started

Quote Originally Posted by genesup View Post
    Hello all!

I suggest that we all love openSuSE and we all appreciate the work that someone does for us to feel comfortable when using our PC.
    Additionaly I loved the previous suseforums.net version. I just mean that it is great that somebody is doing the forum maintenance and generating new ideas. It is a very important part of open source development and I very appreciate this work. But what was the big reason to move it here? )) Moreover. My user account is disabled. I mean, I had to log in with my Novel password, not the one I used for the forum. My user info has been reset etc...
    SuSE Forums, the openSUSE Novell Support Forums, and suselinuxsupport.de were all merged into this, the archives are available, but the user databases were not imported for that fact that it would cause problems, the reason for merging them is to have one consistent, large user base, and also so that new users don't need to have to make another decision about what to choose
    "If it ain't broke, find something wrong with it"

Blog Entries

some-guy,

> the reason for merging them is to have one
    > consistent, large user base,

.......which increases the pool of knowledge & experience available to all
    forum members.

Quote Originally Posted by genesup View Post
    Hello all!
    No; there was trouble merging the tightly encrypted passwords among the different DBs.

Your posts are in "Archives"
    Desktop Asus X-99 Viper. uefi & secure Boot, Win10, Leap 15.1 B & Leap 43.2; and, Laptop: ASUS GL752VW Optimus, uefi+Secure Boot, Win10, Leap 15 & T-weed