Hot to install applications?

I want to install Smplayer,but it wants Mplayer who wants 10 other things.Same with Xmms and Audacious.
Is there a way to only use root and automaticly enter with root,not with the user account.Suse 11 KDE 4

libx264-57 MPlayer libtwolame0 smplayer are dependencies for smplayer so unless you compile it from source these will autmatically be pulled in

WHY would you EVER want to log in as root? This is totally NOT the way to go. you can easily break stuff besides it is not windows we are talking about, nor in the last 10 years did I ever feel the need to run a WM as root. (did I stress you should NOT EVER want to do this enough?!)

stefan

What he said.

If you ever need during a regular session. To run a program with root powers it is possible to run that single program with root permissions.

Unlike Windows you don’t have to log out as the regular user to become admin ( root ) and then go back to being the user.

You can have your regular user programs and root programs running at the same time. Linux is built to allow many users to run programs at the same time

This has nothing to do with root vs. non-root. All applications need certain libraries in which to function.

With Kaffeine I can open everything I have w32 codec,but with the istalled SMPlayer nothing can not be opened.It’s says
Mplayer failed to start.Please check the Mplayer path in preferences.And also:mplayer -noquiet -nofs -sub-fuzziness 1 -identify -slave -vo xv, -zoom -nokeepaspect -framedrop -input conf=/usr/share/smplayer/input.conf -stop-xscreensaver -wid 56623116 -monitorpixelaspect 1 -subfont-autoscale 1 -subfont-text-scale 5 -subcp ISO-8859-1 -subpos 100 -contrast 0 -brightness 0 -hue 0 -saturation 0 -nocache -osdlevel 0 -vf-add screenshot /windows/C/NANA 2 Movie SRT subed English/ax-nana2-cd1.avi

Can someone help me and with Xmms or Audacious