Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what wrong with my wireless (suse 11)

Default what wrong with my wireless (suse 11)

after install suse 11 my wireless not working . I try all setting but useless . I give up and exploring suse 11 then I went to delete my default user and recreate it and reboot . after that some how my wireless is working .

what going on here

Blog Entries

Default Re: what wrong with my wireless (suse 11)

Quote Originally Posted by kobolds View Post
    after install suse 11 my wireless not working . I try all setting but useless . I give up and exploring suse 11 then I went to delete my default user and recreate it and reboot . after that some how my wireless is working .

what going on here
    Seems to me there are too many possibilities here to give you a definitive answer. I like the possibility that it might have needed just the reboot.
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1(Beta) &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore

it didn't work again after disconnect . no matter how many times I try to connect , it always fail .

Found the way to solve this is to run yast then do some modify in network setting and save . then reboot . after that the wireless can connect .

you must redo the step again the next time you try to connect .

I getting sick of this soooo many problem with opensuse 11 (kde 4) . it totally unstable (thinking install back suse 10.3) .

Blog Entries

it didn't work again after disconnect . no matter how many times I try to connect , it always fail .

Found the way to solve this is to run yast then do some modify in network setting and save . then reboot . after that the wireless can connect .

you must redo the step again the next time you try to connect .

I getting sick of this soooo many problem with opensuse 11 (kde 4) . it totally unstable (thinking install back suse 10.3) .
    You can install kde3 alonk with kde4 and log into kde3 until kde4 improves, as it will. They can both be installed simultaneously. Or you can reinstall openSUSE 11.0 and select the kde3 desktop rather than the kde4

Quote Originally Posted by swerdna View Post
    You can install kde3 alonk with kde4 and log into kde3 until kde4 improves, as it will. They can both be installed simultaneously. Or you can reinstall openSUSE 11.0 and select the kde3 desktop rather than the kde4
    try that already .the problem is with this new version of networkmanager

Blog Entries

Do you mead the network manager in KDE4 or in KDE3.x?

There was a patch pushed out last night for networkmanager. Have you installed it? run 'zypper dup' (no quotes) from a console as su, or run the opensuse updater. You'll need an active Internet connection though.

Quote Originally Posted by harryc56 View Post
    There was a patch pushed out last night for networkmanager. Have you installed it? run 'zypper dup' (no quotes) from a console as su, or run the opensuse updater. You'll need an active Internet connection though.
    just done the opensuse updater . after update my wireless network show disable . no matter what i do it just won't enable . the networkmanager now worse than before update .

what should i do now

just done the opensuse updater . after update my wireless network show disable . no matter what i do it just won't enable . the networkmanager now worse than before update .

what should i do now
    I was also having the same problem as yours ... very tired of editing the wireless device in the yast to connect the wireless everytime, but after i updated it with the patch, i edited the wireless device in yast and then restarted the knetworkmanager and delete all the connections saved there, then i created a new one and make check the autoconnect option while creating new connection ( you have to click next a few times to see this option ) and now it works good. it auto connects while i turn on the computer.

you may try to reinstall the knetworkmanager (and try updating with the patch.)

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by wildshekhar View Post
    I was also having the same problem as yours ... very tired of editing the wireless device in the yast to connect the wireless everytime, but after i updated it with the patch, i edited the wireless device in yast and then restarted the knetworkmanager and delete all the connections saved there, then i created a new one and make check the autoconnect option while creating new connection ( you have to click next a few times to see this option ) and now it works good. it auto connects while i turn on the computer.

you may try to reinstall the knetworkmanager (and try updating with the patch.)

Good Luck
    nope it won't work . I give up . I probably will go back to suse 10.3 and wait until 11.1 come out then try again.

I have been using suse since version 9 until now without any problem . to be frank that I'm quite disappoint with opensuse 11 . soo many obvious bugs here and there that even a novice opensuse user will notice it . but they still released it . it's like no body be bother to test it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast