Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Firefox 3 installation issue

  1. #1
    sapkinpalyaco NNTP User

    Question Firefox 3 installation issue

    Hi,

    I tried to install Firefox 3 using official OpenSUSE-Mozilla repository. I uninstalled Firefox 2, added the repository, and installed Firefox 3. Now, when I run Firefox on a terminal it says:

    Code:
    Couldn't load XPCOM.
    The problem seems to be about xulrunner. When I run xulrunner directly I get this:

    Code:
    /usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9.0/xulrunner-bin: /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_3.4' not found (required by /usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9.0/libxul.so)
    I reinstalled both xulrunner 1.9 and Firefox 3 seperately. I even installed gcc 3.4.6 and redirected gcc link to gcc-3.4.6. Still no joy.

    Any ideas?

    (I'm using OpenSUSE 10.3 with GNOME.)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Stoney Stanton - England
    Posts
    1,102

    Default Re: Firefox 3 installation issue

    I am guessing that you are using 10.3. If so why not add the following repo to yast.

    Index of /repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_10.3

    Then use yast install software. This iwll then install firefox 3 and the needed extra.

  3. #3
    sapkinpalyaco NNTP User

    Default Re: Firefox 3 installation issue

    Yes, I'm using OpenSUSE 10.3 (as I stated at the end). And I'm using the repository at Index of /repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_10.3 with YaST (as I stated at the beginning) .

    So, it seems like this is not a simple dependency problem.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    2,429

    Default Re: Firefox 3 installation issue

    Try this repository instead:

    download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla:/beta/openSUSE_10.3/

  5. #5

    Default Re: Firefox 3 installation issue

    I had almost precisely this problem. When I attempted to upgrade to FF3 (YaST was showing a 3.0.1 version available in S/W Management), the dependency tracker added the xulrunner. But when this attempted to download, it timed out. I clicked "Skip" and it installed everything else, but then running FF3 failed as you describe.

    I fixed it by going back to YaST, searching for xulrunner 1.9.0 and installing that on its own. Then everything was fine.

    HTH,
    -nick

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •