View Poll Results: Which operating system is prettiest?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • openSUSE 11.0

90 63.38%
  • OS X

44 30.99%
  • Windows Vista

6 4.23%
  • Ubuntu........yuck

2 1.41%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: openSUSE 11.0 vs OS X, which is prettier?

Default openSUSE 11.0 vs OS X, which is prettier?

Which one do u think is prettier?
    openSUSE 11.0 Kde 3.5.9 Linux kernel 2.6.26.1

My Blog: http://snake1990.wordpress.com

Default Re: openSUSE 11.0 vs OS X, which is prettier?

SuSE, I can't get enough of the green
    I don't like ubuntu's orange-brown, vista is waaaaay to over-glossed and shiny (not to mention to huge amounts of blur)
    OSX reminds me of a non-custimizable version of gnome, I do use gnome, but I have to customize it
    "If it ain't broke, find something wrong with it"

Even though I love Aqua, for some reason the new openSUSE 11 art work is awesome

Voted OSX...

Although I don't have a Mac/OSX I still think the graphics are awesome when I see others ' working' their system and it seems a tad more finished. With openSUSE 11 and compiz in it's full glory it's a very thin line between them...
    Offtopic, but I think if Android (and other Linux based systems) can handle the phone like Apple does with the iPhone, Windows is a goner in the phone market.

Cheers,
    Wj
    Have a lot of fun!

green, green, and more green. What more must I say?

lol...........

I do love all the Suse green too. And KDE4 is nice.

I really never get into making a computer run with all the fancy stuff. I have most the effects shut off with any computer I own, since I care more about speed then making it look a tiny bit prettier.

OSX may be pretty, but it annoys me when I have to do stuff the Apple way, and if you want to do it differently it can really **** you off to get it done

Quote Originally Posted by gregosmith View Post
    I do love all the Suse green too. And KDE4 is nice.

I really never get into making a computer run with all the fancy stuff. I have most the effects shut off with any computer I own, since I care more about speed then making it look a tiny bit prettier.

OSX may be pretty, but it annoys me when I have to do stuff the Apple way, and if you want to do it differently it can really **** you off to get it done
    when u work with Apple u should think different

OS X for one big reason - almost every program looks like it was designed to be compliant with the specs - when you look at the whole you have a feeling a unity, programs like Firefox look like they are part of the OS, not a seperate program.

In Linux every other programs looks like "wait, where are the UI design guidelines? Why is this button here? Why does the GUI look like it was just parsed together?"

And all that without getting to the GTK-QT-GNOME-KDE-OtherToolKit mess or running programs from another DE on top of another.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysantine View Post
    OS X for one big reason - almost every program looks like it was designed to be compliant with the specs - when you look at the whole you have a feeling a unity, programs like Firefox look like they are part of the OS, not a seperate program.

In Linux every other programs looks like "wait, where are the UI design guidelines? Why is this button here? Why does the GUI look like it was just parsed together?"

And all that without getting to the GTK-QT-GNOME-KDE-OtherToolKit mess or running programs from another DE on top of another.
    I agree with u, thats the disadvantage of having so many desktop environments I guess

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast