Thread: Firefox 3

uncholowapo NNTP User

Default Firefox 3

Has anyone tried to upgrade from the install default of Beta 5 to the actual release of FF3? If so can you show me how or link me to a post that has the instructions?

Thank you.

Default Re: Firefox 3

I don't know about upgrading to FF3 from a Beta but I know that to install FF3 there is an openSUSE 10.3 Mozilla repository. Check out:

Index of /repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_10.3

Hope that helps

Start Yast2, provide root password. In the software tab choose "Software repositories", click Add, choose Community repositories, wait for the download, then select "opensSuse BuildService - Mozilla" then hit OK and Import in the Key-approval dialog, and Finish. Now go to Software Management, Filter by repositories, select the newly added one, right click on mozilla -> all in this list -> update if newer version... and Accept. => installation is rolling

You can add other repositories the same way for additional software packages.
    Unsigned! 0.o

uncholowapo NNTP User

Thank you. Is this process the same for openSUSE 11?

Thanks for posting this. I was running the 11 RC and a couple of days ago Firefox updated via the online updates without me doing anything special. I was surprised and rather perplexed yesterday after doing a clean install of 11 Final that Firefox was not an available update.

I will follow your steps hazelkid but I am curious why this isn't coming down as an update automatically. I am still getting used to openSUSE and it's package management vs. apt (Debian) and maybe I am confused but are there updates in openSUSE that do not happen unless I do them manually (such as you have described for Firefox)?
    Dell Latitude | D600
    openSUSE 11 - GNOME
    Linux Registered User # 449097

AceTheFace NNTP User

The online-update-applet notified me 60 minutes ago that FF3.0 is available. Two clicks later it was installed.

Greets,
    Ace

Quote Originally Posted by AceTheFace View Post
    The online-update-applet notified me 60 minutes ago that FF3.0 is available. Two clicks later it was installed.

Greets,
    Ace
    Thanks for the response. I am at work on WinXP, will have to boot my laptop and check for updates.
    Dell Latitude | D600
    openSUSE 11 - GNOME
    Linux Registered User # 449097