Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atheros 802.11b/g wireless LAN driver

Thumbs down Atheros 802.11b/g wireless LAN driver

I am thinking about installing Linux 10.3 on a Toshiba Satellite L35 S1054 laptop and want to know if the Atheros 802.11b/g wireless-LAN card is supported with a Linux driver?

Mike

Default Re: Atheros 802.11b/g wireless LAN driver

you take a look at the sdb ?

opensuse sdb

also you will have to know what kind of atheros chipset it is, many are supported if not I guess you could try ndiswrapper.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmanmlr View Post
    I am thinking about installing Linux 10.3 on a Toshiba Satellite L35 S1054 laptop and want to know if the Atheros® 802.11b/g wireless-LAN card is supported with a Linux driver?

Mike
    I think the HCL was what was meant.
    HCL/Network Adapters (Wireless - openSUSE)

[If you go to 11.0, you'll probably have to tweak, as they (mistakenly?) installed the newest 'ath5k' rather than the older 'ath/hal' driver as the default for Atheros support. I solved it with ndiswrapper.]

Wink Re: Atheros 802.11b/g wireless LAN driver

Thanks for the info!

Mike

Same problem here card is seen but no connection.
    Typical initial *.0 release from OpenSuSE/SuSE I have to say they finally have yast working again thanks guys great work.

I built driver from source now it is working.

driverdude NNTP User

Here is the driver at Sourceforge.net SourceForge.net: MADWIFI

Hope This helps. Had problems with windows dirvers, and found you same question. Hope this works for you!!!

driverdude NNTP User

Forgot for other OS's Atheros has a website located at [ Phoenix Networks ] Affordable Networking Consulting & Computer Internet Technology Services for Arizona So you can find it there. Notice the Vista one is beta, and all the new laptops have this chipset because it's cheap. So if you paid under 700 bucks you have on of these chips. Some of the more expensive have them also. I don't know why they put junk in a laptop they expect to work, I bet they saw the drive worked, the light was on, but did they check to see if they could access a WiFi network, NO! Things from China are not tested, they are made and shipped, it costs too much money to test them, they just turn it on, see the light turn on, and see that there are no drive problems in the windows hardware viewer. I just wish they would make stuff here, i would pay double the price to have jobs, and have stuff that actually works. I used to work for Rockwell and we used to test and made sure it worked prior to shipping, just like when I develop progams. Seems the outsourcing people, don't test at all. Our company purchased some software that was produced from an Indian company and it crashed, and it wouldn't even complete the setup for something we paid a few million for. Seems they could have hired US people to do it for less, and have it work. Also, it's funny that the first outsourcing company AIG went bankrupt. Were did all that money saving go??? Seems outsourcing is not what is is supposed to be. The reason we have so many people from south of the border is the jobs went from there to China, and they are moving from there to Vietnam due to copy right infringements. Seems like Intel can't keep secrets, due to the Chinese govt stealing them, and putting out technology in their warheads so they can send them back to us. If the Vietnamize get smart they will do the same, we are dumb people, give away our jobs, and then wonder why our economy is down the tubes, it's because we don't have them anymore. We can't produce steel anymore, how can we make tanks, and other things when we need them? Get smart America, vote for someone else, the last adminstration let the rich get away with billions in bounus for ripping off the US people by sending out jobs away. Some day we will learn, but it will be to late, as we will be a 3rd world country. We can't even update drivers!

Using MadWiFi lastest trunk drivers I've been able to get a ar5212 chipset working. An Airlink AWLH4130 Super G Wireless PCI Adapter. No ndiswrapper needed.

I did it by following the instructions given here in this forum.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by driverdude View Post
    Forgot for other OS's Atheros has a website located at [ Phoenix Networks ] Affordable Networking Consulting & Computer Internet Technology Services for Arizona So you can find it there. Notice the Vista one is beta, and all the new laptops have this chipset because it's cheap. So if you paid under 700 bucks you have on of these chips. Some of the more expensive have them also. I don't know why they put junk in a laptop they expect to work, I bet they saw the drive worked, the light was on, but did they check to see if they could access a WiFi network, NO! Things from China are not tested, they are made and shipped, it costs too much money to test them, they just turn it on, see the light turn on, and see that there are no drive problems in the windows hardware viewer. I just wish they would make stuff here, i would pay double the price to have jobs, and have stuff that actually works. I used to work for Rockwell and we used to test and made sure it worked prior to shipping, just like when I develop progams. Seems the outsourcing people, don't test at all. Our company purchased some software that was produced from an Indian company and it crashed, and it wouldn't even complete the setup for something we paid a few million for. Seems they could have hired US people to do it for less, and have it work. Also, it's funny that the first outsourcing company AIG went bankrupt. Were did all that money saving go??? Seems outsourcing is not what is is supposed to be. The reason we have so many people from south of the border is the jobs went from there to China, and they are moving from there to Vietnam due to copy right infringements. Seems like Intel can't keep secrets, due to the Chinese govt stealing them, and putting out technology in their warheads so they can send them back to us. If the Vietnamize get smart they will do the same, we are dumb people, give away our jobs, and then wonder why our economy is down the tubes, it's because we don't have them anymore. We can't produce steel anymore, how can we make tanks, and other things when we need them? Get smart America, vote for someone else, the last adminstration let the rich get away with billions in bounus for ripping off the US people by sending out jobs away. Some day we will learn, but it will be to late, as we will be a 3rd world country. We can't even update drivers!
    I'm sorry to see this kind of ignorant post. It just shows that the person posting has no idea what is really going on in the world. AIG is going bankrupt because it insured the mortgage companies debt. So if a mortgage company buys insurance from AIG that covers it if someone defaults on their mortgage they have to pay. Well lots of stupid people were allowed to get mortgages that were adjustable. Then when the payments went up, notice the word adjustable, they couldn't afford the payments. AIG had to cover the lose for the mortgage company.

And your rant about out sourcing is also very ignorant. Our economy is not down the tubes because of out sourcing. It's in trouble, along with the rest of the world, because of the same thing that is hitting AIG. The loses to idiots that don't understand what and adjustable mortgage is. You should study economics. Maybe you might even try reading Greenspan's book "An Age of Turbulence." You will learn a lot about economics and it just might uplift your lower class behind so you can make intelligent rants.

NO OBAMA, Keep the change
    "Take from the rich and give to the poor until there are no rich no more" That is what will make us a third world country.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast