Thread: Grub with OpenSUSE 11

Default Grub with OpenSUSE 11

Hi,
    Here's my problem. I was running OpenSUSE 10.3 and Vista (for the media center, no Linux driver for my TV card yet) on my comp just fine. I just installed OpenSUSE 11 and now GRUB crashes on reboot showing an "ERROR 2".

While booting from the install DVD, when I select "boot from hard drive", GRUB loads fine and both Operating systems work.

Any ideas why?

Thanks for any info,
    Rob

Blog Entries

Default Re: Grub with OpenSUSE 11

Hi -- reinstall Grub, GoTo Yast --> system --> bootloader --> other --> propose new configuration --> wait until it stops thinking --> activate tab "bootloader installation" --> make it "fom the MBR" --> finish.

Then you should be able to reboot to Suse and probably also to vista. If not to vista there's one more step, but wait and see.

Luck
    Swerdna
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1 &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore

Thumbs up Re: Grub with OpenSUSE 11

Thanks for the response, but I'm so happy wit openSUSE 11 I'm going to ditch Vista and run everything I need with either Wine or a VirtualBox running XP.

Great work!!!
    Rob

Blog Entries

Default Re: Grub with OpenSUSE 11

Those last few things I still need from the windows era I run in a windows installation in VMware free server -- works for me. But I do have windows computers still -- an economic reality.
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1 &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore