Thread: I'm Kinda New

Exclamation I'm Kinda New

Hey I'm Kinda new to the whole Linux thing..Only been messing with it for about two years now...Only been messing with suse about 6 to 10 monthes...I was jsut woundering If I have any questions about anything can I feel free to ask. I'm also phyced about the release of 11.0 should be awsome..

Default Re: I'm Kinda New

Hiya CCSuse,

Welcome to the forum!
    I'm no hard-core-Linux-die-hard-been-doing-this-since-I-was-born type myself & my experience is that this is a great place to drop your questions and generally find help or share with others.

Have alot of fun! (as the motto goes)

Cheers,
    Wj
    Have a lot of fun!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CCSuse View Post
    I was jsut woundering If I have any questions about anything can I feel free to ask. I'm also phyced about the release of 11.0 should be awsome..
    Welcome to our forum.

You might find the openSUSE concepts a useful read if you have previous experience with computer systems.
    Concepts - openSUSE

You can ask most openSUSE questions you want on our forum (but no questions about the extent (or lack there) of my MS-Windows knowledge, please. ).

Thanks I will have to check out the link. Yes I have lots of exsperiance with computers. I do pretty much every thing from program to build and all the workings. Good to be welcomed to a good comunity. The person who turned me onto linux said I would have a great time. Well if I need anything or just want to know I will drop a line. As if anyone ever needs anything having to do with windoze wich I hate or computers in general and tech stuff let me know I might be able to help.

Smile Re: I'm Kinda New

That's what these forums are for =]

I'm new to openSUSE as of just after RC1 came out, but I'm pretty psyched about it as well.

I've dabbled with Linux enough to know a fair deal, but never really been happy with an OS until now. Main boot on my laptop is openSUSE 11 =]

In fact, that's the only boot on my laptop. Windows XP runs inside a virtual machine, where it's nice and isolated.

My desktop machine still runs Windows, because I can't bear to give up games...

i first found out about linux not too long ago and started exploring differents os's. after trial and error i found opensuse yay. then i needed to get my network adapter working so i stumbled upon the opensuse web forum (an old one) and asked for help it took me alot of research and a lot of help to find the answer but everyone here was more than helpful in helping to solve my problem.

as a matter of fact i was not the first one to have this similar problem... or the second... yeah i was probably asking a question that was asked 1000 times but everyone seemed to enjoy helping out.